Meeeerrrrrllllliiiiinnnnn! (shout)

OMG, what can I do?? Need to get divorced, have got absolutely nothing but a copy of the wedding book!! He must have taken all the paperwork with him...

Will I have to contact him??? Do I go straight to that office thingy... benediye (im sure you know what i mean) what do I need, Im all lost, I thought I knew...obviously not..

toksoz said:
OMG, what can I do?? Need to get divorced, have got absolutely nothing but a copy of the wedding book!! He must have taken all the paperwork with him...

Will I have to contact him??? Do I go straight to that office thingy... benediye (im sure you know what i mean) what do I need, Im all lost, I thought I knew...obviously not..
You must contact the Turkish Consulate in London for advice. Here ...... http://www.turkishconsulate.org.uk/

Explain your situation in full to them ok

Then let me know their response ok

Merlin

http://www.turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/questio.htm#divorce

DIVORCE PROCEDURE FOR A MARRIAGE REGISTERED IN TURKEY:

If a marriage between a Turkish and a British national was solemnized in the UK and then registered in Turkey or if a marriage between a Turkish and a British national was solemnized and registered in Turkey, regardless of divorce degree that may be a obtained in the UK, a suit of divorce should be filed in Turkey as well. To this end the following steps should be taken by the foreign national:

* A solicitor in the UK will give Power of Attorney to an appointed solicitor in Turkey. The Power of Attorney should be apostilled by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
* Upon receipt of this Power of Attorney the appointed solicitor in Turkey will commence with divorce proceedings.

Thanks babe... Ill keep you posted. I really dont want to see him...the bstd would probably hurt me...... Ill get in touch and let you know.... Thanks again.

No problem Hun. I dont see any reason or requirement for you to meet with your ex as it looks as though this can all be handled by Solicitors.

Just curious? Where is he now? UK or Turkey?

merlin said:
Sounds like its gonna be somewhat costly IMO:(
I know!!!!! WTF I cant win here or there its the same, was told over £1k here.

Thanks for the advice and info. Ill catch up with you later. X

He's in Istanbul, I think, his dad is in Kusadasi, but they aint the best of friends at the moment....
Had to get him out of UK, couldnt stand it...

Just hold on a minute....................

Tell me where you actually registered this wedding?

AND

Was it ever registered in the UK?

I do recall you have to pay extra to have a Turkish wedding recognised in the UK, so maybe and IMO, if the wedding was not registered in the UK, you should realistically be able to apply for divorce in Turkey (direct) and save yourself a packet.

IMO all depends if you ever registered it in the UK.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Sounds like a complicated and lengthy procedure. :(

Hope it all goes smoothly and works out for ya in the end chicky!

merlin said:
Just hold on a minute....................

Tell me where you actually registered this wedding?

AND

Was it ever registered in the UK?

I do recall you have to pay extra to have a Turkish wedding recognised in the UK, so maybe and IMO, if the wedding was not registered in the UK, you should realistically be able to apply for divorce in Turkey (direct) and save yourself a packet.

IMO all depends if you ever registered it in the UK.
Sorry I didnt get back to you Merlin, been at the hospital with mum... Anyway, we didnt have a civil ceremony in the uk. We married in Kusadasi and all paperwork was completed in Izmir.... I was told it would be easier to do this in Turkey... Are they right???