Air conditioning

Hi all,

I have a few questions that I am hoping that someone could assist me with as I am looking at installing air-con in my Villa:

1. How much would it cost to install 3 air-conditioning units roughly 2 900 btu and one 1400 btu. These must be able to heat as well as cool.

2. How much would it cost to run these if they were running 24/7 both for heating and cooling

3. Are there any companies that you have used who you could recommend?

thanks for your help

deanlo

Forum Legend
Hi Wez
I used Ege spot up by the cemetery and they in turn contacted vestrel who sent their engineers to fit 3 units 1 x 2400btu and 2 x 9000btu cost about 600 pound I think about 3 years ago cant say ive used them a great deal but notice no exceptional increase in leccy when we do use.Priced up everywhere even including migros and found I did it the cheaper way but dont know if the units have come down in price in Migros since.

Dean

bigbadwez;125687 said:
Hi all,

I have a few questions that I am hoping that someone could assist me with as I am looking at installing air-con in my Villa:

1. How much would it cost to install 3 air-conditioning units roughly 2 900 btu and one 1400 btu. These must be able to heat as well as cool.

2. How much would it cost to run these if they were running 24/7 both for heating and cooling

thanks for your help

Hi Wesley,
Quite a few of us got extra ones fitted a few weeks ago, (week of 21st -28th July) very, very hot at a cost of 600 ytl each. I cannot remember the strength of them but I'm sure Kevkj will be along shortly to remind us..... They also come with heating and timer. Bare in mind they should only be left on for approx. two hours at a time or they can blow, or get blocked. We used them a fair bit as it was so hot, a little less the following week, but we certainly saw a big difference in our bill. They are expensive to run. The company was a local company, very efficient and clean and they supplied everything from DVD players, kettles, toasters etc.... The brochure is in the Villa, but I can get the contact if you need them..... Good Luck, Lorna

sas

The Kusadasi Tiger
bigbadwez;125687 said:
Hi all,

thanks for your help
we bought 3 smaller units and one large unit in june and the total cost including fitting was around £1000
this was from the furniture shop near the cemetary in the side street which leads down to the mosque i think it is eke spot
they do heat as well as cool

Anniebubble

Ladies Beach's First Lady
Look here it will give an idea of price . http://www.beko.com/TR/EN/Products/ProductList?Category=ECONOMICSERIES_(396) http://www.beko.com/TR/EN/Products/ProductList?Category=STANDARTSERIES_(397) http://www.beko.com/TR/EN/Products/ProductList?Category=NEOPLAZMASERIES_(398) Installation is incl.
We have ours running for hours summer and winter (All night continuous) and winter all day.
It works out quite cheap for heating/cooling like anything electric it costs money to run but works out okay not a big shock.Someone did post something about this before a reasonable form of heating/cooling.
I would not recommend cheap units as they are very noisy my friend had some fitted from Migros not good finishing and very noisy.
Arcilek/Beco are very good.
We used 2 different places and the finish was excellent no mess would`nt know they had been.
Make sure you say exactly where you want the units inside and out.
Just to add the units do go on and off when temp reached so not running continuous.

Ann

Yes like lorna says we had aone fitted upstairs cost us 600YTL.
Unfortunately i havent got the contact number here.
Tansas were offering a 9000 unit for around 485YTL
Bim were offering a good deal on alarge unit(possibly 1800unit) for around 600 YTL
Ege spot put our original air conditioning in with no problems ,and they were Vestrel (best make)
Lorna i also noticed the bill going up last month after we had the aircon on.

Running costs for Air conditioning depend on numerous factors. Essentially the airconditioning unit will pull about half the cooling load in electricity. For example if its a 2kW model it will draw approximately 1kW of electricity. If it was left on 24 hours a day 7 days a week which would be very bad practice and a waste of money it would cost about 42ytl a week.

They are on thermostat so would only run like that if you set the temp very low. For every 1 degree temperature lift (the difference between your set point and ambient) increases your cost by 2.5%.

People tend to set them too low in the mistaken belief that the room will get cooler quicker. They dont work like that. It just means that the room gets too cold and it costs you more. If you dont want people to waste your money fit timers and lock off the thermostat.

They are very good points ludwig thanks. Can you get timers that cannot be adjusted by people. My worry is that people go out all day and leave them on. Also is it possbile to lock off the thermostat, is so how is this done?

thanks

The simple answer to the timer and the thermostat is that you have to lock them away if you dont want them tampered with. I do alot of work in industrial and commercial premises and thats what I always advise. Its not fool proof as you have to fix a lockable cover over the controls. Anyone determined to change the settings will get access but it will deter most people.

I have now purchased air-con units from Koc Tas and they installed them the next day. Absolutley great, left the house clean and I was very please with the workmanship.

I have no complaints about them I would recommend them if you are thinking of getting some installed.

We had them put in the bedrooms, so 2x9000 BTU total of about £330 for both installed.

They did have cheaper ones. They have so many in there all different makes and sizes.

I had 3 Vestel aircon units installed, complete with channelling all wires and pipes in walls, replastering and decorating all for under 2500YTL

All I have is the aircon units on the wall, nothing else on show, they done a great job!

Not sure if I am allowed to say on the forum, well here goes.

It was all organised with Mehmet from Kusadasi Home Service, he liased with the Vestel engineers and contractors, he makes no secret he charges for the organising but it was well worth it to know you get a good job done.

Yes like lorna says we had aone fitted upstairs cost us 600YTL.
Unfortunately i havent got the contact number here.
Tansas were offering a 9000 unit for around 485YTL
Bim were offering a good deal on alarge unit(possibly 1800unit) for around 600 YTL
Ege spot put our original air conditioning in with no problems ,and they were Vestrel (best make)
Lorna i also noticed the bill going up last month after we had the aircon on.
I KNOW IT'S AN OLD BLOG BUT WONDERED WHAT YOU'RE PAYING FOR YOUR ELECTRIC BILL. MINE USED TO BE 300 PER MONTH NOW IS 250 PER WEEK. JUST CHECK WITH KIBTEK AND ITS 740 FOR 3 WEEKS HELP. WORRIED ABOUT THE WINTER NOW.