Milas, Izmir Airports

I have been told that the Police are going to be enforcing strict control on private companies or individuals collecting tourists from Turkish airports this coming season.

I have no further information but it seems likely if this is the case, unlicensed minibuses or cars may have some problems.

I will try and clarify it this week, if anyone has any info I would appreciate it as we offer a transfer for our own guests and naturally this will impact greatly if they are going to enforce this.

**claire**

Super Moderator
Lee,

Individuals??? ...surely they can't stop individuals meeting incoming travellers??

I can understand them putting a stop on Illegal atxi firms (unlicensed) like they TRY to enforce here in the UK ..but if for example one of your drivers are meeting hotel guests ...how can they stop this??

**claire** said:
Lee,

Individuals??? ...surely they can't stop individuals meeting incoming travellers??

I can understand them putting a stop on Illegal atxi firms (unlicensed) like they TRY to enforce here in the UK ..but if for example one of your drivers are meeting hotel guests ...how can they stop this??
Technically we, as are many others, are not licensed to carry passengers for fares. Now the Police know and it would be very difficult for us to prove otherwise we are picking up tourists out of the kindness of our hearts, so it would technically leave us open to a fine.

As I said, I just heard this in conversation from a 5 star hotel manager locally last night.

There may be some substance, I dont know yet.

Thats ridiculous, how are we supossed to leave the goddamn airport?!! Does that mean like that my fiance cant collect me from the airport in a car? Thats stupid :mad:

Shannon said:
Thats ridiculous, how are we supossed to leave the goddamn airport?!! Does that mean like that my fiance cant collect me from the airport in a car? Thats stupid :mad:
1 on 1 is not the problem Shannon. Its apparently minibuses collecting parties where the minibuses are privately operated and effectively violate their insurance.

Hmm thats interesting, though i remember last year when sami and his friend collected me at the airport, he got a ticket from the cops! :confused:

Just for being there, have no idea what they did wrong!

Shannon said:
Hmm thats interesting, though i remember last year when sami and his friend collected me at the airport, he got a ticket from the cops! :confused:

Just for being there, have no idea what they did wrong!
Probably because they parked too close to the arrivals gate and not in the designated parking area.

So if I am picked up by friends ore a taxi there it must not be any problem ???

Hope it will be fine for ya Lee, it would be dreadfull not to be able to pick up your guest as an extra service !! :(

Problem

I Cant See It Being A Problem Surely If There Is A Minibus Collecting People It Wud Be Very Easy To Prove That There Was No Money Changing Hands. I Know One Of The Taxi Drivers(eamonn) As Long As I Qam Going To Kusy So I Will Text The Manager Of The Hotel And Ask Him To Talk To Eamonn To See What The Story Is

Sue

merlin said:
Unlicensed vehicles reaping profit from what Taxi drivers feel should be going to them.
Ah!!! I geddit! sorry thick moment! But i see where they're coming from as long as they dont unnecessarily persecute anyone who's just being nice

It looks like to me that they are going to stop those drivers who do not have insurance to carry fare paying passengers. It's not for the private pick up arranged by friends or family members who collect each other.

Just like here in the UK taxi drivers and mini bus drivers need to have a licence to collect fare paying passengers.they have to state for there insurance they are carrying passengers for cash and the car of mini bus has to be licenced. Bus drivers need to have what was called a PSV Licence to drive a bus.

I'm sure It's not just police being fussy.. but the safety of passengers too. If I book a pick up from a company for me and my family, I want to know I am in a legal car.. Don't you??