Shopping Centers in Izmir

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Want the low down on where the best shopping is in Izmir?

Look no further...Here are some threads on the biggest shopping centers in Izmir & a few of the great shops available there;

• The KIPA Center
    Located in cigli, a town of Karsiyaka - This shopping center houses the biggest Kipa in Izmir, a Marks & Spencers, Boyner department store, a CineCity cinema, and a massive food court including KFC.

• Forum Bornova Shopping Center
    A shopping oasis located in Bornova next to the Ege University. With popular shops including: IKEA, Next, River Island, Zara, Accessorize, Evans, Topshop/Topman, La Senza, Miss Selfridge, an AFM cinema, Starbucks and a Kipa supermarket

• The Carrefour Shopping Center
    Located in Mavisehir and has a huge Carrefour supermarket, Toys'R'Us, Mothercare, Marks & Spencer, KFC and Pizza Hut

• EGE Park Shopping Center
    Located in Mavisehir and has 115 luxury shops, restaurants, 6 screen cinema and bowling center suitable for all age groups

• Agora Shopping Center
    A popular shopping mall located in Balcova where you can find cosmetics, jewelery and clothes shops; including Marks & Spencer, Benetton, Levi's, Starbucks, large food court and kid's entertainment area.

• Konak Pier
    Located 5-10 minutes walk away from Konak's clock tower, this shopping center houses famous up market brand shops, such as Tommy Hilfiger, a hairdressers, Claire's Accessories, restaurants, cafes and a Cinebonus cinema

• Shopping in Alsancak
    One of the best areas to shop in Izmir, with popular stores such as United Colors of Benetton, Mango, Lush, Diesel, Zara, Mothercare, Replay, Tommy Hilfiger and Guess surrounded by fashionable cafes and eateries.

Anniebubble

Ladies Beach's First Lady
Carmella

You must have been reading my mind I have been doing lots of searches on forum & web looking at shopping centres. I Have been to a few but was looking at going somewhere different.I was working out where they are in relation to each other and where they are.
Been to Konak Pier,Forum Bornova & The Carrefour Shopping Centre, so 3 down 3 to go.
I have been to another small shopping centre by Carrefour 2 years ago it had a Kipa,Marks&Spencers and a few other shops and a lovely shop upstairs with glasses and kitchen bits.

Thanks for info.

Ann :)

Excellent idea about putting all the info in one thread Carmella.

I spent hours last year trying to find information on the various malls so this is a definite help for us shoppaholics.;)

hello my friend .I want to come to izmir for holliday at next month please help me to find shopping center with suitable price .

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
Dean, to get to the Agora shopping centre in Balcova...when you get off the motorway at the Izmir end, take the first turn-off on the road which says Konak & Cesme. Follow this road for approx 15 mins (you will pass a Mexican Restaurant on the right) and you'll come to a point when the road veers to the right saying Cesme and to the left saying Balcova (you'll see the sea at this point). Take the Balcova turn-off; once you get down on to the main road you drive straight on and the Agora is on the right.

There's a beautiful furniture shop there :eek:

Will have to take a wee drive up now and see the new extension. I know that Next has opened up a branch there too.

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
teosgirl;186674 said:
great directions Ally.
The furniture shop, is it called Kervan (sp?) by any chance? nice shop.

Here's the website for the centre:
http://www.agoraizmir.com/enindex.htm

It's in english too!

Charlotte
Yes Charlotte I think that's what the shop is called; their furniture is to die for isn't it. :eek:

I don't see Next on the list of shops on that website..wonder if they've closed. The manager of the one at Bornova Forum told us that they'd opened a branch at Agora.

Ally,
When i went a couple of weeks ago there was a large store on the upper level due to open..could've been delayed and not added to the website?

I'll let you know if I spot it next time i go (fan of next myself)

Charlotte

ben

Black Knight
We are planning our first trip by car to Izmir,
Does anyone know of a online map showing all the shopping centres?
Or have any advice to see the best of the city?

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
ben;186946 said:
We are planning our first trip by car to Izmir,
Does anyone know of a online map showing all the shopping centres?
Or have any advice to see the best of the city?
Ben, the shopping centres mostly in different districts of Izmir and it's not that easy to get from one to another.

ben

Black Knight
We would like to include Ikea,Electronic shops, and sports equipment,
Which order would you vist them we are looking for things you cannot get in kusadasi?
Ben

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
ben;186959 said:
We would like to include Ikea,Electronic shops, and sports equipment,
Which order would you vist them we are looking for things you cannot get in kusadasi?
Ben
Going to IKEA and the Forum Bornova Centre takes a whole day in itself. There are a few electronic shops and you'll find some sports equipment in Kipa there.

Hi eveybody,
I am a new member(Turkish) and I live in London. This Xmas I was in Izmir and discover an outlet in Balcova. It is quite good. Mudo, Tiffany, Desa, Derimod, Levi's, Beymen etc. It is certainly worth to visit. Don't forget to eat at "Kofteci Ramiz" before you leave.
It is called Selway outlet and the address is: Limontepe Mevkii, Izmir Cevre Yolu, Balcova Merkez, Balcova-Izmir Tel:0232 278 9099

we are going to izmir on wed for the day going to take the bus however i see there is so muh to do , is everything ie shopping walking distance from each place?? and where do we get off on the bus in izmir!

thanks

carol,

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
carolw;266223 said:
we are going to izmir on wed for the day going to take the bus however i see there is so muh to do , is everything ie shopping walking distance from each place?? and where do we get off on the bus in izmir!

thanks

carol,
Hi Carol...

You get off the bus at Izmir's main ototgar, it's the only stop. Once you arrive at the bus station in Izmir it's quite far out from the center but you can take a shuttle bus for free (if you have your bus ticket as proof you used that company) and they will take you to other areas of the city such as Alsancak/Konak. There are also taxi dolmus' (taxi's that you share with others) and dolmus' available and regular dolmuses.

All the shopping centers are not within walking distance from each other...as they are spread out in different districts of Izmir.

I've just done a rough map so you can see where they are located:

To be honest if you are coming by bus I would forget the Karsiyaka shopping centers. Karsiyaka itself has a nice shopping street and it's fun to take the ferry over the bay, but once you get to Karsiyaka itself you then need to get a taxi dolmus to Ege Park and Careefour and a bus to Kipa, as it's even further.

Forum Bornova is in Bornova, which is not far from the bus station in Izmir. This is one of the most popular places to shop.

From the center (Konak) you can walk to Konak Pier (wouldn't advise shopping there it's mostly in dollars =expensive and there's not that many shops) and then you can catch a taxi or walk to Alsancak.

One place i'd say is worth a visit is Kemeralti (more info: Kemeralti) it's the biggest bazaar in Izmir, has loads of cool little shops that sell everything and is a great place to stop for lunch. That's near Konak, if you see a big square with the famous clock tower, there are brown signs around saying Kemeralti.

Agora shopping center is reachable by a bus from Konak.

I hope I haven't confused you! Have a great day. :smile: