Currency Exchange in Turkey....

The most convenient way to get money in Turkey is by using your home bank cash card or a credit card in a Turkish ATM/cash machine. But if you want to exchange cash, plenty of places will do it for you.

Currency Exchange Office (Döviz Bürosu): these places are found anywhere tourists congregate or pass by. They offer better exchange rates than most banks, and may or may not charge a commission (komisyon). Shop around for the best rate and the lowest (or no) commission.

Post Office (PTT): Most post offices will exchange cash US dollars or Euros, and the bigger post offices may also exchange other major currencies such as sterling.

Bank (Banka): these have the worst rates, the biggest commissions and the most cumbersome procedures, but may be willing to exchange currencies lesser known than the US dollar, Euro, Sterling, and Yen.

Cash in Turkey

Please once again let me know which is the best way to get cash in Turkey, by exchanging foreign currency there or by using the ATMs?

I've heard that there is a problem at the turkish ATMs with 6figures PIN cards. Is it true?

**claire**

Super Moderator
octaviancucu said:
Please once again let me know which is the best way to get cash in Turkey, by exchanging foreign currency there or by using the ATMs?

I've heard that there is a problem at the turkish ATMs with 6figures PIN cards. Is it true?
6 figure pins?? No! its the standard 4 that you use in your own country!

Check with your own bank & they will be able to tell you what they charge to withdraw cash from the ATM's, my bank here in the UK charges me £1.50 (just over €2.00) for every transaction.

if you get out most of your money all at once, you will save on the commision the exchange would charge you.

**claire**

Super Moderator
octaviancucu said:
My both debit and credit cards have 6figures PIN...
I'd advise you to check with your bank!
(ive never heard of 6 figure pins?)
your bank should have a listing of countries who will accept your cards.