Watch your drinks girls.....

**claire**

Super Moderator
I've just been forwarded this. Please read on, it's not very nice, but something I think everyone should be aware of.

A woman at a nightclub on Saturday night was taken by 5 men, who according to hospital and police reports, gang raped her before dumping her. Unable to remember the events of the evening,tests later confirmed the repeat rapes and along with traces of Rohypnol in her blood, was Progesterex, which is essentially a small sterilization pill.

The drug is now being used by rapists at parties to rape AND sterilize their victims. Progesterex is available to vets to sterilize large animals.

Rumour has it that Progesterex is being used together with Rohypnol, the date rape drug. As with Rohypnol, all they have to do is drop it into the girl's drink. The girl can't remember a thing the next morning, of all that had taken place the night before. Progesterex, which dissolves in drinks just as easily, is such that the victim doesn't conceive from the rape and the rapist needn't worry about having a paternity test identifying him months later.

The drug's effects ARE NOT TEMPORARY- They are P*E*R*M*A*N*E*N*T!

Progesterex was designed to sterilize horses. Any female who takes it WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CONCEIVE. The weasels can get this drug from anyone who is in the vet school or any university. It's that easy, and Progesterex is about to break out big everywhere.

Believe it or not, there are even sites on the Internet telling people how to use it.

Be careful when you're out and don't leave your drink unattended.

OMG, WTF are these people thinking of. Thats disgusting.... and hard to believe, however, unfortunately it is all very real...

Ill definately be drinking bottles and through a straw, and I never put my drink down anyway.... always better to be safe than sorry.

I believe Ive had my drink spiked before today. After leaving a club in Leeds last year, I have absolutely no recollection of getting home. I woke up on the living room floor, fully clothed with a Pizza Box beside my head. Not to mention I had actually pissed myself too. To this day I still do not have any memory of that 1 night. Luckily for me a couple of weeks later, a friend of my Mothers asked what happened to me that night... He later informed me that he took me home in a taxi and opened the door and locked it behind me and posted my keys...

How lucky is that, since that day I have been very vigilant..

**claire** said:

A woman at a nightclub on Saturday night was taken by 5 men, who according to hospital and police reports, gang raped her before dumping her.
This was not in Turkey or Kusadasi

The penalties for this type of crime committed in Turkey are severe. But as Claire says, never leave your drinks unattended.

;)

**claire**

Super Moderator
Sorry, i should have said this wasnt in Turkey, this happened in England!!

It is all very real & happens all the time, Ive also had my drinks spiked & have no recolection at all of the night, luckily i have good friends that took care of me.

be careful girls!!!

iamtravelr

Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Arg!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

i couldnt see Merlin, can anyone please replace them again?

Sorry for that pruning, i had to delete somethings. i will be more careful next time. :(

Admin said:
Arg!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

i couldnt see Merlin, can anyone please replace them again?

Sorry for that pruning, i had to delete somethings. i will be more careful next time. :(
Thanks - maybe Claire can post the one on the test kits available in the UK.....

I dont agree with censorship at the best of times. I had the thread under control Admin. Its an important subject to cover and in reality Claires original post was and is merited with respect for a females security and safety IMO.

It only went AWOL because I dont have Moderator responsibilities in this forum.

merlin said:
Thanks - maybe Claire can post the one on the test kits available in the UK.....

I dont agree with censorship at the best of times. I had the thread under control Admin. Its an important subject to cover and in reality Claires original post was and is merited with respect for a females security and safety IMO.

It only went AWOL because I dont have Moderator responsibilities in this forum.
I agree. But Admin saw fit... so be it.... aaaahhh welll shall we continue.....X ;) X

I think the main point and one which Claire was trying to promote was awareness.

As I said before, the penalties here in Turkey for even possession of a date rape drug are very severe.

I guess, what we should be addressing is what you should do if you suspect your drink has been stitched.

From what I can gather, its important to keep the drink as evidence. Thereafter, report the incident to your travel rep if you have one and in all cases the incident must be recorded at the local police station.

You will most definitely have to pay for laboratory reports yourself.

This is not what you want from a holiday is it. Loads of paperwork and stuck in a police station filling in loads of complaint forms.

Best therefore, you take our Claires advice and do not leave any drink unattended.

Merv!

well

I Am After Spending The Last Half Hour Replying To Pms Umit And I Have To Say I Didnt Even Get A Chance To Reply To What Was Written On The Thread I Still Maintain That I Didnt Agree With Anything That Was Said By Sonny And I Have Been On The Forum Just As Long As Anyone Else And Deserve The Resect That Should Come With That. If You Think Giving Me A Red Dot Will Make Me Shut Up Your Wrong . However I Got A Pm From Sonny Explaining What He Said And I Still Dont Agree With Him But At Least He Had The Integrity To Anwer Me And Not Just Delete The Posts. I Have Never Gotten Annoyed On The Forum Up Till Now And If My Opinion Is Worth So Little Than Whats The Point In Having Free Speech Umit
If Asshole Was Insulting To Other Forum Members I apologise But There Is A Lot Worse Said On This Forum Albeit Joking In Turkish. If Sonny Can Accept My Opinion Why Cant You Umit and as you know i have the deepest respect for this forum and the people on it including the person that implemented the forum in the first place namely you UMIT. So why dont i get the same respect???

Sue

Ive read this email aboout a year ago, its been going around a long time. I dont leave my drink unattended and the fact that i rarely drink alcahol helps but i think it is possible that i may have had my drink spiked in Kusadasi last summer.

Imjust speculating because i dont know for sure but i was out and i only had 2 drinks, i went into the toilet and collapsed on the floor and was violently ill for a few hours. I had to be carried out of the bar (which was embarassing cos i could hear people saying "oh typical irish, drinks to much" in a derogatory fashion) and literally placed in a taxi, i didnt really come to until about 4 hours later.

But maybe it wasnt spiked, im not sure. But if it wasnt, i dont know what happened!

I know, but they do generally go for "drunker" girls, what i mean is, when you drink alcahol, you're defences are down and you would do things you wouldnt normally do and thats a fact! Most of the time you dont know or really care what you're doing. You're judgement goes out the window and i have to say probably the main reason i dont like alcahol much is i hate that feeling of not being in control of my own body and mind...even thinking about it makes me ill, i hate it!

Does that make me a control freak?!! :confused:

It could happen to you drunk or sober, but statistically more likely to happen if you have alcahol in you i would imagine. You are an easier target.

Yep

Shannon Your Right But The Problem Is So Many People Dont Realise Its Happening On A Contsant Basis Everywhere Not Just The Uk And Also It Doesnt Affect People Until It Happens To Them Or A Friend So People Tend To Ignore It. It Happened To Me Twice In Dublin In The Same Club And Only For My Friends God Knows Where I Would Have Ended Up

Sue

We all realise issues like spiking people's drinks are important in todays society! Its important that we are informed of these horror stories, they aren't only exclusive to women! I've heard of guys getting their drinks spiked too. Well done Claire for bringing this information to our attention, i for one had never heard of the other drug used for sterilisation! If it means us all being that little bit more vigilent then thats fine by me. I havent been unfortunate enough to have ever suffered from this but i really do feel sorry for any of you that have! It's terrible to see a good night ruined!

Jenny

Jenny said:
We all realise issues like spiking people's drinks are important in todays society! Its important that we are informed of these horror stories, they aren't only exclusive to women! I've heard of guys getting their drinks spiked too. Well done Claire for bringing this information to our attention, i for one had never heard of the other drug used for sterilisation! If it means us all being that little bit more vigilent then thats fine by me. I havent been unfortunate enough to have ever suffered from this but i really do feel sorry for any of you that have! It's terrible to see a good night ruined!

Jenny

Yep! Well done Claire!

Hey Jen - it aint necessarily just a good night ruined, it can be someones life ruined eh?

Yes well obviously in more serious cases, many people have been lucky enough to have had their friends to look after them. What happens to those who were left alone??????? I dread to think.

Jenny said:
Yes well obviously in more serious cases, many people have been lucky enough to have had their friends to look after them. What happens to those who were left alone??????? I dread to think.
Well the good old days were the best!

I never had to resort to getting a girl pissed to have a good time, we never used drugs either.

I guess times have changed?

(Merlin drinks a G&T in his rockin chair)