Özdere

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Özdere is a Turkish town on the Aegean coast. It has a population of around 13.500 and is located approximately 33 km west of Kuşadası and 40 km to İzmir on the Kuşadası-Selçuk-Seferihisar-Urla road.

Ozdere was originally a peaceful and quiet fishing village; the beach resort has since developed into a popular holiday destination in the last ten years. Ozdere is still a relatively quiet resort and remains unspoilt.

The resort features narrow sand and shingle beaches stretching along the promenade coastal road. There are a few bars in the resort and small, simple restaurants with traditional Turkish cuisine.

The beach resort of Ozdere is ideal for family holidays as there are miles of golden sandy beaches and the crystal clear waters are only knee-deep for the first 30 metres, making it ideal for children.

It's one of my favorite places near Kusadasi. Here are a few pictures from flickr..

Road from Kusadasi to Ozdere...

joy

Sweet Yorkshire Rose
Stunning pictures Mella......i adore the night one and also the atmospheric one with all the clouds and sun rays beaming down.
What kind of camera and technology are you using?? simply stunning...!!!

Hi Mella,
Thank you for showing the lovely photos of Ozdere. As I have a villa in Ozdere these photos means a lot to me and made me long for my next trip, which is in June. My villa is in a complex, which is very well run. It has breath taking view from the roof terrace and your photos of the sunset, is exactly what I see at sunset, truly spectacular. You are right when you say Ozdere is quiter than Kusadasi but that suit me and my family. I would say this will probably change in time. Ozdere is only forty minutes from Izmir airport and the same to Kusadasi, so it is quite convienient . Mella could you please tell me where is the sandy beach is? I have yet to kind one, the beach I use has mostly shale and not much sand. Thanks again
Molly

hello everybody. my name is Samantha Özkara from Cardiff. İ currently live in Özdere with my turkish husband. İ was very suprised to see these comments above as İ thought i was the only foreigner living in Özdere. İ am just wondering if you all still come to visit Özdere at times as i would love to meet new friends around here as it gets quiet lonely and boring at times. These pictures are so beautiful and so is Özdere i love it here!! This year in Özdere a new hotel have been built but it still havent really taken the quietness away from Özdere yet thankfully.

would be great to meet other people around here. love sam xxx

Dear Sam

I realise you posted about Ozdere a couple of years ago but, as I only joined the Forum yesterday I thought I would send a reply today. I'm still finding my way around it so forgive any 'technical errors'! I hope you are still happy in Ozdere. I visited with my (Turkish) husband Aydın just a few days ago. What a lovely place - I hope to return on 30 Oct (for just one night sadly) with a few pals. I have been living in Eski Foça for about 7 yrs and hope to move to Ozdere over the next year or so (my husband works away a lot so life can be complicated!) We may start off in Kuşadası but I would be a bit lonely too at times so hope to meet new friends over the course of the next few years!

Well that's about it for now - we still have to sell our house here (not an easy task in Turkey I've found) but I will check the Forum quite regularly for updates and useful info! I'm (a young at heart I hope!) 59 by the way - love meeting new friends and having fun. Also quiet evenings/drinks & meals at home or coffee & chats with pals!

Take care

Pauline

New to the site, but a regular in Ozdere/Gumuldur. The dolmus runs about every half hour all year round. In the summer the last bus leaves Kusadasi at about midnight, but earlier I during the winter months. In the summer I would avoid travelling on a Wednesday as dolmus very crowded ferrying people back and forth to Kusadasi market.

Hi Mella,
Thank you for showing the lovely photos of Ozdere. As I have a villa in Ozdere these photos means a lot to me and made me long for my next trip, which is in June. My villa is in a complex, which is very well run. It has breath taking view from the roof terrace and your photos of the sunset, is exactly what I see at sunset, truly spectacular. You are right when you say Ozdere is quiter than Kusadasi but that suit me and my family. I would say this will probably change in time. Ozdere is only forty minutes from Izmir airport and the same to Kusadasi, so it is quite convienient . Mella could you please tell me where is the sandy beach is? I have yet to kind one, the beach I use has mostly shale and not much sand. Thanks again
Molly
Please can you help I will be staying in Notion kestrel beach hotel can I get dolmus from town or will it be a taxi cab if so how much roughly ?
Ps can I exchange sterling out in resort ? X many thanks JJ

Since the Notion Kesre Beach Hotel is near a main road with many resorts, there will be a regular Dolmuş passing, there will be buses and taxi cabs as well. Because of the exchange rate at the moment, prices are very affordable. You can change money at your resort, but the rate at changing offices and banks in town is much better. Enjoy your hols!