National Park boat trips

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
The other day we visited the beautiful Guzelcamli. When we wandered down to the harbour and saw a lot of gullets advertising boat trips. Having been on a boat trip from Kusadasi over 20 times and having the feeling of 'been there, done that' now it was nice to find something new.

The boat trips in Kusadasi usually sail towards Izmir, stopping off at bays around Ozdere. The boat trips from Guzelcamli go in the complete opposite direction and head into the crystal clear waters of The National Park and close to Samos.

We had a chat with one of the guys, he told us it was 20 pp, but that includes soft drinks, lunch and alcoholic drinks (beer/wine) all day. I'm sure you could haggle on the price. They also said if you're lucky - you can see dolphins.

They last from 10.00am until 17.00 and they sail from Guzelcamli around to the National Park stopping off at bays and Islands. I have attached a map below, sorry the quality isn't brilliant:

I have fliers from 4 of the boat tour companies; Dostluk, Dolunay, Balina and Afrodite. They all offer the same excursion and can be found down at Guzelcamli harbour......

susanteyze

Kusadasi Pilgrim
Thanks Mella - we are looking for places to get away from all the wedding stress in the run up to it - this sounds just the ticket. How long does it take to get to Guzelcamli and can we get a dolmus direct from Kusadasi?

We are very keen on visiting the National park, me especially to take pictures, i would also like to do a boat trip so we could kill two birds with one stone so to speak. Same question as above plus can you book the tour at the harbour?

zeytin

Connoisseur
Suzanteyze, It takes about 40 minutes on the dolmus from kusadasi to get to the national park. We went on a boat trip a few weeks ago and are going again next week, it was lovely, the views are just brilliant. Mavis

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
Over the past few years I've always planned on going on one of the boat trips from Guzelcamli but, like everything else, something else always happens. I love the harbour down there; many's a night my hubby and our sons have sat out on the jetty fishing until 4am.

Mella, my mum owns one of the yellow villas just past the Dolunay boat. She's there at the minute; you could have called in for a cuppa ;)

Mella, any suggestions on the brochures you collected if they do transfers from kusadasi in summer?

There is a private Gulet called 'Daniel Boat' that goes from Kusadasi marina to National park. You can get a few people together and charter it for a few hours, the day or you can stay overnight out there.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
ally;169910 said:
Mella, my mum owns one of the yellow villas just past the Dolunay boat. She's there at the minute; you could have called in for a cuppa ;)
I would have if i'd have known. :grin:

Your mum's lucky, it's a really beautiful area.

Kevin said:
We are very keen on visiting the National park, me especially to take pictures, i would also like to do a boat trip so we could kill two birds with one stone so to speak. Same question as above plus can you book the tour at the harbour?
Yes you can book from the Guzelcamli harbour, and you can get there on a dolmus.

Anzac said:
Mella, any suggestions on the brochures you collected if they do transfers from kusadasi in summer?
Anzac, there's no information about transfers on the fliers. There are phone numbers though if you/anyone wants to inquire about it.

Balina Boat Tours:
0532 337 9905
0535 451 6208

Dostluk Boat Tour:
0534 645 1516
0535 682 5532

Afrodite Boat Tour:
0256 646 1398

I love the national park but wasn't aware you could do a boat trip there. :huh: They should promote this tour in Kusadasi it looks like a nice day out. :) Is alcohol also included in the price on boat trips from Kusadasi or just those boats? because my dad always has to pay extra for beer.

No, the daily boat trip from kusadasi is generally only including soft drinks (cola, fanta, water etc) and only during lunch time despite many agencies saying it is during the whole trip. Going rate this year is 16 Euro per person including pick up transfer from the hotel in the morning.

Know what you mean Mella, I have done the Kusadasi boat trip many time and although I still enjoy it, can never understand like Lila said, the agents never promote different boat trip locations. or are the Kusadasi boats only allowed that route?, if so why don't the agents lay on transfers to Guzelcamli for there trips?.

It would definitely be popular if theses boats were promoted more but things like this usually cause a few punch ups in Kusadasi (stick to your own patch etc). The transfers for the Kusadasi boat trips are put on by the boat company and agencies generally dont sell enough tickets day by day to justify running transfers themselves. The National Park boat companies would need to run the transfer themselves but I think it would be well worth their while if they did.

I am definitely planning on going on this boat trip, it sounds ace! i wonder if the transfers are included? or would they come and pick you up. the one i went on in Kusadasi left early so if we had to make our own way there it could be difficult.

zeytin

Connoisseur
Weve always been led to believe that the boats from guzelcamli, dont interfere with the boat trips from kusadasi and vice versa.
The trips are fantastic from Guz, went last year and will be going again soon.
The boats go from 10 to eleven in the mornings providing they have enough people, so its better to book first.

Went from Guz last year and can vouch for the trip, the view around National Park is great and...we intecepted some dolphins on the way (pic enc). My turkish friend said we are now of to Samos, he said the captain had looked at us all and thought that we would behave, cruised all around the various Samos bays and even stopped of at one for a wade to shore, the captain sid its ok as long as we do not come ashore otherwise he will have to leave us, was great talking to some brits in a Samos bar whilst paddleing along the beach telling them all about turkey, i think they was very suprised to see us, of course we had to raise the Greek flag.

Apparently this does not happen all the time so we thought ourselves as very lucky

Attachments