Hotel Özka, Kusadasi Review

We booked with Thomas Cook and stayed in Ozka Hotel which is a family run 3 star hotel on a hill high above the marina in Kusadasi.

We were luckily enough to have a room with a view over pool and Kusadasi which was a bonus as we had not asked for a pool side view. Every morning we woke up and looked over the sea and at all the different ships that were in. The area is very built up but surprisingly infront of the hotel is a big plot of land with nothing built on it which gave us clear views of a very built up kusadasi.

The rooms were clean and had one double bed and a single bed, a dresser a phone and a bathroom.

The hotel is nothing fancy, there is no evening entertainment but its clean and a good place to relax by the pool and use as a base. Air conditioning was an extra £35 or 70 YTL per week which I thought was a bit steep. At first we declined but after a day we paid out because it was unbearably hot.

The hotel staff are friendly and will help you out and chat to you whenever they see you. The manager Aisha was a nice lady and was always happy to help us with anything we asked.

The swimming pool is a reasonable size which you will need to use regularly as the poolside gets very hot. There is also a small childrens pool to the side but no one used it when we were there. There are inflatable toys, sun beds, umbrellas and tables available. During the week it is nice and relaxing by the pool but we noticed on both Sundays that it became very busy with Turkish people so we think they must be able to use the pool.

Breakfast is the only meal included in your stay at the Ozka, it starts at 7am and finishes at 10am on the dot and not a minute later. The breakfast we got told is typically Turkish with white bread only, two types of cheese, olives, eggs, honey, cherry and strawberry jam with tea or coffee. If you want orange juice it is 4 YTL extra.

One thing that really peed me off was on our first night there we had been into town and brought a couple of bottles of juice and some crisps from the nearby Kipa supermarket. A mardy receptionist came over and warned us about not doing this. Apparently there are signs all over the hotel stating you can not take your own drinks or food to your room, which we only saw when she kindly pointed it out. If caught they will actually charge it to your bill which we thought was very unreasonable.

The food there is very overpriced. A small pizza costs 12 YTL, a small plate of soggy chips is 4YTL, a cheese burger 4YTL and an omlette with bread which is probably the best value for money at 5 YTL. you can buy both big and small bottles of water, the small costs 1 TYL and the big 2 YTL which isnt too bad.

The rooms were basic but clean and tidy. The maids came and cleaned every day making the bed and leaving clean towels. If you are out of your room it would be wise to hand your key in to the reception as they don't seem to have copies for the cleaner and your room will then not be cleaned. We didn't hand our key in one day and the receptionist found us by the pool and asked us for our key so our room could be cleaned.

There is a small area with newspapers, books and magazines where guests leave them when they have finished and next to that there is a television room.

The dolmus stops right outside the hotel which makes getting to town much easier and costs between 1 and 1.50 YTL. You could walk it's not that far, we walked to the market one day and it took us around 20 minutes. On the way back it's all uphill so it would be an idea to get a dolmus back to the hotel.

The hotel is away from the town but we did hear loud music being played at night. This was we got told because of a new nightclub down by the marina. Sometimes the thumping music went on until 3 in the morning.

It is a nice hotel, simple but in a good position and small enough to feel personal, if we went to kusadasi we would have no worries about staying there again. i have added some of my photographs of the hotel and the view.

Attachments

Thanks mavi, i agree this website helped us so much before we went on where to go and where to eat so just giving something back.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Annoying as it is, it's quite normal for hotels not to let guests take food/drink into the hotel.

Thanks for the hotel review, it will be very helpful for others thinking of staying there. :)

It is probably the standard rule for most non all inclusive hotels due to wanting to make extra money it just peed me off because we brought crisps from the supermarket which they had a big problem with and they dont even sell crisps there. Apart from that the hotel was very pleasant.

I'm going to Ozka Hotel on September for 2 weeks. I'm heading off with my girlfriend so I hope that we'll have plenty of positive vibes and great time in Kusadasi.