Cide - Black Sea town

I asked my Turkish colleague a couple of month´s ago exactly which town he came from (I knew already that it was somewhere on Black Sea coast). He scribbled it down for me, so I went home after work and curiosity got the better of me. I looked it up and was really surprised to find how extraordinarily beautiful it was. The entire are is very lush and green, on some of the photo’s it looked a lot like Norway-on-Black-Sea. :p

I did feel a twinge of sadness for the poor fellow (Kentucky fried Tekin – I call him lol:mrgreen:). He moved years ago to Denmark & Copenhagen in search for a better life - but had to give up an awful lot too. But when I look at the beautiful scenery he left behind, it must have been a bit of depressing sight seeing his new home; urban pancake flat Denmark. He owns his own house in Cide and a large plot of land. Last time he came back from his family holiday in Cide he brought back some of his chestnuts and hazelnuts – they were absolutely delicious.:yummy: He usually brings different treats for me to sample, I´m starting to expect it now! :eek: This summer he brought back some sort of strange nut, I had never seen it before. It was very savoury – a delicacy from his area.

I know he´s homesick and also in a bit of conundrum, as he can retire in Turkey right now if he wanted. However his grown daughters are settled in Denmark and he is not eligible for his Danish state pension for many years to come.

[youtube]TItoseS831M[/youtube]​

Yeah İt is very scenic over there.
Some of you may be pleased , İ am seriously thinking of moving up that way but nearer the İstanbul side. its cooler greener and wetter. great sailing. and theres skiing nearby so best of both worlds for me. oh and its cheaper.

Slick Rick;183561 said:
Yeah İt is very scenic over there.
Some of you may be pleased , İ am seriously thinking of moving up that way but nearer the İstanbul side. its cooler greener and wetter. great sailing. and theres skiing nearby so best of both worlds for me. oh and its cheaper.
We could very well join you Rick in the Black sea area. We're planning a recce in the spring with our friends Ali & Gülsen from the shoe shop in bar street when she gets over their recent motor bike accident and throws away the Zimmer frame.

İ was planning on somwhare near Sakarya. but coastal. İ have a good friend who has moved there, and İ really want to be near the skiing. İ have recuring dreams of owning a gullet and buılding a ski chalet. I hope to have a good drive around the area during the winter

More pictures of Gideros Bay. My colleague (KFT :p)told me that he has purchased a summer house (still under construction) with unrestricted views of the sea. It´ll be ready for him next summer. If I found myself in such beautiful surroundings I´d find it difficult to leave.

it looks so peaceful and green! i wouldnt mind trying some thing different to the usual bars and beach. can you easily get flights there, is it near istanbul?