Mosquito REPELLENTS

HI ALL,

I Know I have asked this before but I have tried everything that there is to try in a chemist to stoop these f**** biting me including plug in stuff for the room and nothing works. I am looking for advise on natural repellents that will stop the mosqietos biting me in the first place and I know someof you have already advised me on some things that you can get in the chwemist but I have tried everything. I will try anything at all once ot works. This is a problem which can ruin someones holiday I should Know I had to get the doctor twice last year.Thanks in advance for your help

Sue

**claire**

Super Moderator
Sue
as well as the AVON Skin so soft oil spray that i have told you about, you could also try this tip... buy some pure peppermint oil, put in a squirty bottle with some water & spray this all over, it makes you smell like extra strong mints, but the Mossies hate it!! also Limon cologne.

repellents

Thanks a mil Claire,

I have been told that cintrinella oil can also be used in this way . Your a pet and thanks for the advice everything that I have used in the Chemist including stuff that SAS etc use doesnt work on me. So again thanks all the advice is really welcome.

Sue

viva

Hi Viva

I have done loads of different ones in the wall and none of them have worked so I am waiting on a miracle I think. I will live in hope

Cok tesekkur ederim arkadashim

sue

Hi!
Mozzies hate tea tree oil! I always take the 'teatree and mint source' shower gel and deodorant and up to now have never been bit. You can buy it from any supermarket and they even have a website! It doesn't make you smell funny so don't worry!
good luck! Tracy

Sue
Sorry..I am going crazy! I have already posted that message so please ignore it!! ha ha I thought I had, but then looked and it wasn't there! ( I now I posted it somewhere else!) sorry again...I think I need some sleep!!!
Tracy x

mozzy

:evil: :x 8) :shock: :idea: :oops: :twisted:
If there was only one mosquito in the whole of turkey it would get a plane/dolmus/taxi andfind me and bite me. Vivakusadasi if there is nothing that i am more sure of is that every f****** mosquito in turkey is madly in love with me and i wish they werent. Any way thanks for all the advice everyone and now I only have 2 weeks to go and I am so excited.

Bye for now

Sue

mecanic beats chemistry

hi flynns,

the best protection or even the only one is: don't let them reach your skin... so, in nighttime use a moskito net and in the evening use long armed shirts, socks and long trousers... wear something with a net over your head. That doesn't look cool but will help the most...
here in germany we have a product called "Autan Family" that scores best in several tests but it lasts only approx. 5 hours and you have to use a lot.But it works last year when we were in Cyprus...

greetings
rincewind

mozzies

Hi rincewind,
Thanks for the advice but I have tried there products before and still didnt work for me unfortunately. You have a very unusual name is it real or just a pseudoname. Have you been to Kusadasi before you should go the germans are great beer drinkers like the irish. Again thanks for thye advice

Take care

sue

mosquito,s

i don.t if i mentioned it on this sight if your living in turkey ,go to garden centre and get a plant called melissa . i can,t remember the full name, it apparantly grows like clematis and ivy. i havn.t tried it yet. but i was told when you go into bars and restaurant..i was told that it was the plant they put on the tables. i think the locals call it "megri" can anybody confirm this , but when i come over in may i wiil try it anyway because last october was unbearable, but i think that is because . people that was suppose to clean our pool did.nt. and that is a breeding ground, also anywere wet or damp they love it. good luck with the mossies cheers jonno.;)

**claire**

Super Moderator
A lot of the restaurants & bars have Basil (the herb) called Reyhan or Fesleğen in Turkish dotted around the outside (also found in & around turkish homes.

I never really noticed this planted around Kusadasi, but i did see it when i went out of the tourist areas, planted in big pots outside Lokantas.

tracie

Super Star Scouser of Söke
hi there

**claire** said:
Sue
as well as the AVON Skin so soft oil spray that i have told you about, you could also try this tip... buy some pure peppermint oil, put in a squirty bottle with some water & spray this all over, it makes you smell like extra strong mints, but the Mossies hate it!! also Limon cologne.

hi sue,
claire is right the skin so soft from avon is the best thing 2 avoid mossie bites but it has 2 be soft&fresh it is the green 1 its the only 1 of them that works
i am a aon rep in liverpool & all my customers swear by it
hope this info helps u out
tracie
View attachment 630 View attachment 631

Attachments

i heard that vitamin b tablets and garlic tablets for a few months before is meant to work. its meant to leave your skin/blood with a smell that they dont like but is undetecable to the human nose. worth a shot

zeytin

Connoisseur
By taking 2 to 4 Brewers Yeast tablets a day for about 3 weeks before you go and while you are there has always worked for me, works the same way charbarrit said, the mozzies can smell it in your blood:)

Hi all. I also suffer from the blighters mossie magnet i am, does any one know if the Aqua fantasy resort is plagued by them. We went to Corfu last year and we were eaten alive, please tell me Kudasis isnt as bad as corfu for mossies?

Im going in september any replies will be appreciated bless ya.

**claire**

Super Moderator
i very rarely get bitten while im in Kusadasi, but im not sure if that is beacuse i cover myself in the avon skin so softy spray, or that there just arnt many mossies about.