Man hunters: Our Turkish toyboys Ch4

If you saw the Turkish wives club then you wont want to miss this.

Second of a two-part documentary series that explores a growing holiday trend, where it's not just sun, sea and sand on tap, but love, affection,
male companionship, and for some, even sex. For, while men have been indulging in sex tourism for decades, are the women who now seek out relationships with young local men, sex tourists too?

from the channel 4 website http://www.channel4.com/health/microsites/M/manhunters/turkish-toyboys.html

Over a million Brits travel to Turkey in the summer months and its popularity is on the rise. But for some single women the draw is not just the sunshine, it is the local men.

Our Turkish Toyboys follows two women, both separated from their husbands, who have given up on finding love in their hometown. Terry, 49, and Debbie, 47, have holidayed in Turkey together many times, but this two-week break in southern Turkey promises to be special as they plan to celebrate Terry's 50th birthday and have brought their families with them.

For both women the main attraction is the resort's thriving Bar Street. "It's one of the best streets in the world as far as females are concerned. The girls come here looking for toys. They are toys... toy boys," says Terry: "The boys on Bar Street are not prostitutes but don't be under any illusion that you are their only girlfriend."

"They love British tourists: they think we are absolutely rolling in money and we are their escape to paradise," says Debbie.

The programme explores the relationship between Terry, Debbie, their boyfriends and their families.

It will be on on the 9th of December at 10pm.
I got some stick at work when the Turkish wives club came on the television.
If you have a turkish boyfriend in Turkey people assume the worst and believe
these progs to be the norm.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
Ahhhhhhh. ha. I echo what Kay said, although I will definitely be watching it!

Personally I think it reflects more about how sad and desperate some British women are, rather than making Turkey look bad.

From the picture on the C4 website, it looks like it's in Kusadasi bar street?

:doh::doh::doh: .... Need I say more...

Almost fell off the sofa reading a quote from the second part, 63 yr old woman describing her relationship with her 30 yr old boyfriend
"He never stops looking into my eyes and tells me he loves me… and all the things you want to hear, but, I can't help feeling this one's genuine."

I've no problem with age gaps in relationships... It's the broadcasting it on tv that makes me wonder....

BTW, where is Eileen these days???

Oh, and Mella I'd say it Kusadasi, you can see the Atilla sign in the top left...
I'm dying to see who the men are???? Hope it's someone we know!!!:eek:

The media have an obsession with Turkey right enough. I only went to kusadasi once my first time was this year but we spent enough nights on bar street to see some eye opening sights. i met a few Turkish men nothing in it because i have a boyfriend but girls came up to me to tell me to keep my distance because there love rats! i wonder if i will see anybody i know! imagine if you have a boyfriend that works in bar street and you see him on the television what a way to find out hes cheating on you!:huh::huh::huh::huh:

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
The blonde one looks like a tranny!! :busted:

Yes definitely Kusadasi's bar st....will be looking forward to picking out a few familiar faces :eek:

Rhona

Kusadasi Queen
ally;193783 said:

Yes definitely Kusadasi's bar st....will be looking forward to picking out a few familiar faces :eek:
LOL me too Ally, I was thinking what kind of bloke is that one going to get:eek:
May just be a bad photo though?

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
I've got a funny feeling that Debbie is the one on the right and she's a member of this forum! :confused: Will have to wait until the programme is aired to see if my suspicions are correct. :huh::huh:

joy

Sweet Yorkshire Rose
ally;193783 said:

Well i thought they both looked like trannies:eek::eek::eek::busted:

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
The kind of women that dont lose any sleep over an unpaid gas bill-wear lycra with fag burns in it and have corned beef legs.Love it!!! lol kib

Melek aye popcorn and wine at the ready if it was half as entertaining as the Turkish wives club then were in for a treat so we are!

i will be watching to see if i know any one in it hehe! how will you watch it if your in turkey there was the same problem with the turkish wife club, can you see it on the channel 4 website?

ally;193783 said:

hehe i hope shes not a member she might read that!!

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
Alice x;193881 said:
hehe i hope shes not a member she might read that!!
:busted::busted: It was only after I had a good look at the photo that I thought I recognised her. Hopefully it's not her...as Rhona said..probably just a bad photo. :confused: