Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll be in bed by midnight

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Nothing, its the most overrated night of the year

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
There are only 3 days to go so what are your plans for new years eve?? i wish i could have spent it in kusadasi but seein as i cant i have to decide between going to a club, a house party or stay at home with friends order a take away and watch films! do you feel pressure to go out and have fun? i feel like i have to show my face i do like new years eve but i prefer house parties not going to bars and waiting ages to get served.
do you like going out and celebrating or do you prefer spending it quietly with family, how will you bring in the new year?

I´m spending it with my family, my second New Years Eve with my niece. I generally don´t like going out, I have always been disappointed. People at clubs get so wasted it´s so depressing, then there is the problem of getting transport into and out of the city. There is a lot of fireworks over here and people go mad with it. Countless of injuries and I just prefer staying indoors. If I were abroad somewhere warm I would definitely be out partying.

**claire**

Super Moderator
I totally agree with Chris, New years eve is a nightmare, you have to pay to get into a pub, then have to Q for 30mins to get served every time you want a drink :doh:

so this year i am babysitting for my sisters 3 kids, i have told the older 2 they can stay up & watch the fireworks with me & hopefully the 2year old will be tucked up & fast to sleep by then.

we went out yesterday & have brought goodies (ie crisps & dips, kids champagne aka appletise, some sausage meat to make homemade sausage rolls & soem bits & bobs to make some cupcakes) so we will have a sugar induced evening infront of the tv.

i think its really hyped up and there is a pressure put on people to go out on the night i dont mind going to a house party but paying 4 times more than you would any other time of year to go to a pub or a club is not really a memorable way to bring in the new year!

Mavi

Glaswegian Güzeli
I will be partying hard in Turkey, in a bar, (mine), with friends having a fantastic time..

I have over the years been to outside parties, large club parties and I always feel its best to have a small gathering and decent people.. otherwise the drink can take over, arguments kick off and night is ruined..

I'ver never been anywhere on New Year's Eve, we always meant to but then never got round to organising anything. This year I'm taking the kids for a skiing break and we leave for Milan tomorrow morning and are spending New Year in the alps. Will be a nice change I hope.

K

Anniebubble

Ladies Beach's First Lady
Love new years eve :)Have always gone out its a must for us.
Cafe Orange(ladies Beach) for us this year live music dancers food and lots of wine we are going with friends think it will be mainly Turkish so should be a very good night and morning :)

I like to bring in the bells with a drink to auld friends and new friends, but don't hit it hard lol I have all my babies and a few other waifs and strays for new years day dinner and will then hit it hard and bring out the singstar (god help the neighbours) pmsl

Have a good one wherever you are and whoever you are celebrating it with.

XXXXXX Teresa

joy

Sweet Yorkshire Rose
We are going to a Italian restaurant with the family for a intimate traditional Italian banquet and then a disco to follow.
I am not mad on New years, like to see it in and then thats it for me.

joy;197576 said:
We are going to a Italian restaurant with the family for a intimate traditional Italian banquet and then a disco to follow.
I am not mad on New years, like to see it in and then thats it for me.
Remember to bring your new hat and also a feather boa, Joy!!!

**claire**;197506 said:
I totally agree with Chris, New years eve is a nightmare, you have to pay to get into a pub, then have to Q for 30mins to get served every time you want a drink :doh:
That has been my experience too, I always feel such a mug after shelling God knows what to get into the friggin´venue and then being disapointed by all. The worst was having to Q for 45 mins to get my coat at the coat check.

Alice x;197510 said:
i think its really hyped up and there is a pressure put on people to go out on the night i dont mind going to a house party but paying 4 times more than you would any other time of year to go to a pub or a club is not really a memorable way to bring in the new year!
Your right it is hyped up.

Karyn UK;197542 said:
I'ver never been anywhere on New Year's Eve, we always meant to but then never got round to organising anything. This year I'm taking the kids for a skiing break and we leave for Milan tomorrow morning and are spending New Year in the alps. Will be a nice change I hope.

K
Sounds like a great way of celebrating New Year´s Eve. I hope you enjoy the trip, you deserve it Karen.

I think I've spent that much money on new clothes to go out partying in tomorrow night that I don't think I can actually afford to go out:fool:

My neighbours house beckons:dance:

Im going to party hard like i do every new years eve. Last year i woke up in my friends bath tub i wonder what will happen tomorrow! Im going to a club with a group of friends, they are doing a special new years eve party with djs and a singer it will be a good night out.:)

We have two young ones so we won't be partying the night away. Hubbys family are coming round for dinner and then we'll probably sit around and play games and watch television. We might go down to the seafront where there is lots going on tonight but thats if i can get my dear MIL to babysit.

my friends throwing a party for everyone so were all going to see in the new year there parents and all play silly games and drink too much im waiting to go now! happy new year!

We had booked a table at a restaurant in Marmaris, with friend`s. However my wife`s best friend`s mother is, suddenly and sadly dieing. Therefore, we have had a quiet meal at home. Shortly we will make a few phone calls to friends and family. A quiet New Year, this year.

ssssssshhhhhhhh I have only just got in, so im now going to bed and will give you the low down, when I get up sssssssshhhhhhh night every one xxxxxxx