Premiership manager of the year

For me it has to be Hodson at Fulham or Pulis at Stoke.

Im biased but i would probably plump for Pulis as he has got his team 45 points when most people expected them to get less than Derby (11).

You have to ask your self how many other managers could have got stoke 45 points with the players at his disposal.

Oh and while were at it theres only one nomination for supporters of the season and its a landslide, supporters of STOKE CITY FC take a bow.:woohoo:

Thats a tough choice Fire lol. I would have to go for Hodgson. As a united fan I think Fulham have been a different team under Hodgson. Again though must admit Stoke have had a great season. Snapping up Beattie has helped them, his experience and vital goals have been an asset to the way the whole team has performed all season. True grit and Spirit.............

Denniz.

pajoe

Connoisseur
i am the fire;219603 said:
For me it has to be Hodson at Fulham or Pulis at Stoke.

Im biased but i would probably plump for Pulis as he has got his team 45 points when most people expected them to get less than Derby (11).

You have to ask your self how many other managers could have got stoke 45 points with the players at his disposal.

Oh and while were at it theres only one nomination for supporters of the season and its a landslide, supporters of STOKE CITY FC take a bow.:woohoo:
The premiership manager of the year,no contest.11 titles speak for themselves. Sir Alex Ferguson......................:woohoo:

HI lads as a football detesting women, but having to get on and live with it.
Have to say Sir Alex Ferguson gets my vote and as shown in the past he also knows when to sell on some players when they are at there peak, and getting too big for there boots. Also funnily enough when fans thought these decisions were a disaster it never effected the team the following season. Think one player will soon be on his way soon.

Alex Ferguson, all the way!! He built the team, now reaping the rewards!! You cant take that away from him!!

Biased? I am the fire, you are biased beyond belief!! Stoke have 42 points less than Man Utd, how can you say they have a better manager than Man Utd?! Please, get serious!! Fergie is the best manager in the world, accept that! Give him recognition for what he has achieved, please.

well i am saying rafa cos i am biased and i am a true liverpool supporter (actually from liverpool and not from essex or london like most pretend utd fans):doh::lmfao::dance:

Gazcraib your a joke mate and a typical blinkered red, unlike Pajoe who does know a little.Just answer me these few questions if Ferguson has done so well .

Did you not expect United to win the league? i did.

Did you expect United to lose more than 4-5 games?i didnt

Did you expect Stoke to go down? I did

Did you expect Stoke to get thirty points? i didnt

Did you expect Stoke to get more points than Deby? I did just probably about 25

So on the face of it it seems to me United achieved everything expected of them no more no less.

Now it seems to me that Stoke overachieved by about 20-25 points in their first season in the prem .The Premiership being the greatest league in the world and hardest to stay in after promotion.

Biased, its all over the tabloids Hodson or Pulis their screaming.

You sir are a bufoon

i am the fire;219808 said:
Gazcraib your a joke mate and a typical blinkered red, unlike Pajoe who does know a little.Just answer me thiese few questions if Ferguson has done so well .

Did you not expect United to win the league? i did.

Did you expect United to lose more than 4-5 games?i didnt

Did you expect Stoke to go down? I did

Did you expect Stoke to get thirty points? i didnt

Did you expect Stoke to get more points than Deby? I did just probably about 25

So on the face of it it seems to me United achieved everything expected of them no more no less.

Now it seems to me that Stoke overachieved by about 20-25 points in their first season in the prem .The Premiership being the greatest league in the world and hardest to stay in after promotion.

Biased, its all over the tabloids Hodson or Pulis their screaming.

You sir are a bufoon
Well said Fire. I am a Manchester United fan and i have to agree with you.......

Denniz&Aiesha.

Well done Denniz, just because your red does not mean you cannot see foootball for what it is.

I have no qualms with man United its a fantastic club with a fantastic manager and players, but my god some of their fans.

The arrogance just oozes from them,most never ever been probably and if it was someone else with Uniteds success they would support them.Its the only thing that lets United down, their glory hunters.

My lads including hubby are all Man Utd fans, and as for them being not genuine supporters of the Utd fan base thats crap.................I know the support started when our young George Best went to play for them, and support was sustained when they were in the relegated in the 70's.

My father in law, again born & bred N. Ireland man supports Arsenal.........reason being he was in the Royal Artillary during the war so......

Also during the periods of job shortages many people from Ireland were forced to go to Uk for work hence you have families down the ages supporting Man Utd, Liverpool, Leeds, etc as they worked in these areas were there was work in the foundries etc and have many family relations still living in these cities. Now Tony does that make you understand the reason why people support teams in the english premiership, also a lot of Irish travel to see there beloved teams at a higher cost to them.

Fire, when Fergie took over as United manager, they hadnt won a league title since 1967! Seems a lot of fans forget that fact! I do appreciate that the Stoke, Hull and Fulham managers have done a great job, have not said otherwise. But Fergie has built the United team, other managers come and go, taking over existing squads. I am just enjoying the moment, as Liverpool fans enjoyed theirs in the 70s and 80s. When Fergie retires it will be a sad day for United.

Gazcraib.
Is that the same Fergie you nearly sacked until Mark Robins popped up and saved his bacon in a cup-tie at Forest.

That was the start of the change in football where if you were successful at the right time you hit the gravy-train.

If that gravy train had come along mid seventies you may have missed it.

Some of the sides that became premiership were just lucky and some of the sides that had been in the top flight for years but dropped out just at he wrong time.

Your crowds were fantastic when you got relegated but that would not have been enough in this day of sky revenue.

Just as it wont be for Newcastle who may never grace the premiership again if they go down with the financial liabilities they will have.

I never thought i would see my team Stoke above mid-table in the championship, as once the teams are at the premiership greed table they have pretty much made it with the completely biased premeirship parachute payments.

Im delighted we made it and have performed and should be around the prem -top 4 of championship for ever bar some bad management.

pajoe

Connoisseur
Tony Pullthis or Roy Hodgson,do me a favour...........................................you ,as the great J.P Mc enroe would say, 'cannot be serious man'............................

I have to confess to agreeing with I am the fire about Man Utd fans. I regard them like 5th columnists during the war. How can you support a club if you have no connection with them. If you can betray your hometown club you can betray anyone.

The FA should have told Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool to clear off instead of forming the Premiership. I can remember when small provincial clubs like Burnley, Ipswich, Derby and Forest could win the league. Now the system is stacked against any other club unless they are prepared to invest two King's ransomes like Chelsea have. I have been to Old Trafford and Anfield more than most of the people who claim to support these clubs. When I see kids in replica shirts of the "big 4" it just makes me sick. They are just brainwashed by the marketing people just like they drink disgusting soft drinks (Coke) and eat disgusting food (McDonalds). A plague on all their houses.

PS I won a load of money on Stoke being promoted last season and lost a bit this year by betting on their relegation.

pAJOE

pajoe;219887 said:
Tony Pullthis or Roy Hodgson,do me a favour...........................................you ,as the great J.P Mc enroe would say, 'cannot be serious man'............................
I thought you might have a little bit more sense than Gazcraib, but obviously overlooked the fact your blinkered.

And you wonder why your team doesnt have the support in Europe that Liverool has,had.

Ludwig van,weve had a few football conversations and i respect your views.

Whats a ABU?

Including Barcelona! I have a long dislike of Man Utd fans as there were some at my school during the sixties (yes the glory hunters were around then) . The local club rivalry was Derby and Forest and I remember a so called Man U supporter saying that Derby would never play in Europe. How good it was a few years later when Man U were relegated and Derby were in Europe. Yes anybody but man utd not because of the club but because of their fans. The only exception I would make is Real Madrid who I hate intensely because they were Francos club and cheated bribed their way to the top wit fascist government money.

When my son was at Uni in manchester a Merc pulled up along side him and asked the way to Old Trafford. He had great pleasure in giving the driver precise instructions to Maine Road.