Being Used

My husband works for an Emlak and I went along with him to show two English woman some flats for rent, one of them was married to a Turkish man, well we showed a few, and one was liked very much and they said we will be back and want to rent it, that was Saturday week, my husband has not heard from them since. My thinking is he got used, got used to look for the apartments (bear in mind using his phone his car his petrol) I think the one married to Turkish man went back with him and done the deal.

Now do you think that is fair, my husband done all the work, why could they not have the decency to come back.

Do you think my husband is still entitled to his commission from the Rentor and the Rentee, because I do.

M:mad:

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
mylittleangels;225822 said:
My husband works for an Emlak and I went along with him to show two English woman some flats for rent, one of them was married to a Turkish man, well we showed a few, and one was liked very much and they said we will be back and want to rent it, that was Saturday week, my husband has not heard from them since. My thinking is he got used, got used to look for the apartments (bear in mind using his phone his car his petrol) I think the one married to Turkish man went back with him and done the deal.

Now do you think that is fair, my husband done all the work, why could they not have the decency to come back.

Do you think my husband is still entitled to his commission from the Rentor and the Rentee, because I do.

M:mad:
Hi M

Do you mean the one married to the turkish man came back and rented the apartment from your husband? (you say "done the deal"). If so then it will be the owner of the Agency who should give your husband something from it if he works on commission ... or maybe he gets a monthly set wage.

My husband has been an estate agent in Kusadasi for the past 6 years and unfortunately there are lots of people who will ask to view houses with no intention of buying or renting.....others have an intention on buying but if they don't see what they like they won't come back to say sorry we didn't like what you showed us. So ringing around vendors, using petrol in the car to take them around viewing, spending a whole day with those who just want a day out of their holiday viewing property in Kusadasi is all part and parcel of the job. Vendors do not compensate agents for usage of petrol and telephone. Also with a rental property....Agents are only paid commission from the person who's renting the property, not from the property owner.

When my husband and I had an Emlak, we often showed people around property only to find out the next day, that they had found the owner and bought the property direct.
We advertised the property on our website, took photographs etc etc.Did a lot of leg work and at the end of the day ended up with nothing.
Some you win and some you lose. It is really a business that is cutthroat and unrewarding at times.