Turkish Bath

We have heard all about these Turkish baths and how wonderful they are, so where is the best place to go for one. Lisa has insisted that this is what she wants to do as soon as we get there so can you tell us which one you recommend. ;)

**claire**

Super Moderator
Lisa is right!! You HAVE to go!!! :)

Will make you tan last so much longer & your skin feel wonderful! (make sure you go on your first few days)

Carmella has posted up info about the Hamans in Kusadasi, & you will find all the info you need there!!

ohh jealous!!! :p

Oh they are fab, dont miss having one whatever you do!

Is it true that only men are supposed to be allowed in the Hamam's and that there are certain "women only" times?! I know anyone can use the hotel's ones. Am I right? :confused:

**claire**

Super Moderator
Asla said:
Oh they are fab, dont miss having one whatever you do!

Is it true that only men are supposed to be allowed in the Hamam's and that there are certain "women only" times?! I know anyone can use the hotel's ones. Am I right? :confused:
I believe that is true in the more traditional areas, the Hamans i have visited in the tourist resorts had both men & female at the same time!

**claire** said:
I believe that is true in the more traditional areas, the Hamans i have visited in the tourist resorts had both men & female at the same time!

Ah right, thought a certain someone was pulling my leg. I get told so many fabricated tales and am soooo gullible that I dont know what to believe any more!

Turkish baths are amazing! We went to a great one near bar street, I don't remember the name of it, but it's just up from bar street and there is a huge sign that says "Turkish Baths" on the outside, so you can't miss it! It was very private and you could go in with as many people as you wanted. I was nervous at first, but the guy was very gentle, and I think he is with all tourists. Afterwards we were given Apple tea and our photo was taken in our towelling robes!

a tip....dont use the ada saray turkish bath near kustur beach area, they are so rough there it was unbelievable, one guy had to go to bed afterwards, we tried it there and i would never go back, have been to the hamam in selcuk which was fantastic, it is men only except for a wednesday, also the one in the old town was very good

It is fantastic! We went to the very old one. From the sea front road walk up towards the arch (past the jewellery shops). There's a small passage between the shops on your left (about two thirds of the way up) go down there and take your first left ond it's on your right. Don't go if there's a cruiser in or you'll be waiting all day as they give them vouchers to go.

RE:Turkish Baths

If you've never been for one, then you _have_ to go! Was staying in the Sunworld hotel last year (on the way out from town towards Ladies Beach, at the top of the hill) There's a hotel there where they do them too. Men and women at the same time, but have heard from friends who visited Ankara nad Istanbul that this is a little unusual.
It's impossible to describe fully, it's one of those things that has to be experienced to be believed!
Went on hols with a group of 30 last year, all came back swearing that if Turkish bath opened beside us we'd never leave!
Also, if there's any men going with you, make sure they go for a shave at a barber's! Something the men raved about...

Regards,
Catherine

Quick question: from what age are you allowed to take a turkish bath? we have a 6 year old with us who wants to go also, but we dont know if she can?

Thank you Umit for reminding me of the name.

Wendy - when we went last year, there were people of all ages there - families, older people, couples. As long as you're there for a clean I don't think it matters.

claire's
you should have this on one of the first days of your holiday, it prepares your skin for the sun, and should stop you getting burnt, as well as making your tan last a lot longer!!
Interesting. I wonder how the turkish bath works on pre-tanned skin. Cause I started my tan back in early June and I don't really need anymore. :p :confused:

Wendy The baths are dangerous for childs who under 13.Bcs its over 40 degree.So it's harmfull for their bones.Also harmfull for their lungs.If they have to go there,they mustn't stay more than 15 min.

ares said:
Wendy The baths are dangerous for childs who under 13.Bcs its over 40 degree.So it's harmfull for their bones.Also harmfull for their lungs.If they have to go there,they mustn't stay more than 15 min.
Thank you for the information, i'm very happy you told me this.