What did you cook tonight?

Mavi

Glaswegian Güzeli
kibris;248270 said:
Ally-thats true-ım from a famıly of sıx-ım only cookıng for me now and ı thought the meat was expensıve ın uk never mınd here.Thats a good ıdea of stevecruse-a nıce meat and potato pıe wıth plenty of crust on ıt-mıght do that tomorrow, By the way do they have rhubarb ın turkey? kıb
You can get rhubarb in the east of Turkey (it needs frost), havent ever seen it in Kusadasi.

Tonight I am going to make chicken and veg pies using the ready made puff pastry thawed and rolled out a little, diced cooked chicken with veg through it and a little thick gravy.

I fold over the ends of the pastry so the filling doesnt run out, then put a lid on it with another square of pastry, brush with egg and into the oven.

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
Ive made a bıg thıck beefburger wıth mınce and a bıt of onıon and kofte mıx and roast bıbers and tomatoes-then ım goıng to put cheese on ıt and slıng ıt between half a turkısh ekmek-and for later ı got choccy wagonwheel type bıkkıes from sok-kıb

zeytin

Connoisseur
Kibris, quite a little cook ay!!:) But, ive got 1 REAL wagon wheel left, and 2 cadburys chocolate eclairs, which i,m going to scoff, once my fellahs gone for a shower:woohoo: Did you try making custard slices?

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
zeytin;248400 said:
which i,m going to scoff, once my fellahs gone for a shower:woohoo:
Hahaha I like your style Mavis! I brought a load of Cadburys choc back with me but Umit's eaten most of it...didn't hide it well enough. :doh:

On topic: We had pasta tonight. simple, yet one of my favourites.

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
Well ı dıd make the custard-but then ı sat and ate ıt out of the bowl wıth a spoon lol--had a cravıng for a rhubarb crumble the other day thats why ı asked about ıt -another thıng ı lıke to do ıs to get some yuffka off the market dıvıde ıt ınto trıangles and use shop bought frozen koftes for the fıllıng-ı went through a phase of usıng every fıllıng ı could thınk of wıth the yuffka -even banana-kıb

Mella;248403 said:
Hahaha I like your style Mavis! I brought a load of Cadburys choc back with me but Umit's eaten most of it...didn't hide it well enough. :doh:

On topic: We had pasta tonight. simple, yet one of my favourites.
& now u all know why i love to be alone..Buy choc & eat choc no greedy man here to get their hands on it:woohoo:

Mavi;248309 said:
You can get rhubarb in the east of Turkey (it needs frost), havent ever seen it in Kusadasi.

Tonight I am going to make chicken and veg pies using the ready made puff pastry thawed and rolled out a little, diced cooked chicken with veg through it and a little thick gravy.

I fold over the ends of the pastry so the filling doesnt run out, then put a lid on it with another square of pastry, brush with egg and into the oven.
I'm having chicken & veg pie tonight as well but too lazy to make my own,Gonna just open my fray bentos!!! lol

zeytin

Connoisseur
ahhhhhhhm Why didnt someone tell me you can get REAL jam doughnuts here????? mmmmmmm, and with apple in. Bought 6 this morning in kusadasi on the main road going down to the seafront, and theyre fab, one and half lira. Think the shops called Yoruk, and its a few shops before Netton (the posh frock shop) i call it, going towards the sea, never been in there before, but it wont be my last visit:D

I haven't cooked all week, had work christmas party and dinner with clients on mon, wed and last night.

So tired today so will be doing some comfort food for dinner tonight, some cottage pie me thinks. Cold and wet here so can't wait to get to my warm apartment.

Then home for mums cooking tomorrow :WOOHOO!

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
zeytin;248521 said:
ahhhhhhhm Why didnt someone tell me you can get REAL jam doughnuts here????? mmmmmmm, and with apple in. Bought 6 this morning in kusadasi on the main road going down to the seafront, and theyre fab, one and half lira. Think the shops called Yoruk, and its a few shops before Netton (the posh frock shop) i call it, going towards the sea, never been in there before, but it wont be my last visit:D

Mavis, I love Yoruk's pastries....their chocolate eclairs are lovely too :p

I'm just back from the market as I didn't get to the Tuesday one...so bought 1.5kg of Hamsi for dinner (7.5tl) so we'll have that with a lovely salad smothered in Nar Ekşisi (pomegrante salad dressing).

zeytin

Connoisseur
Ally, is that the same salad dressing thats in pkts in kipa? if so, do u mix it with oil, water or mayonaosse? The writing on the pkt was to small for me to see:( Where can i buy a manifying glass?
Saw all the savoury pie, pizzas in the same shop, must try some of them, the shop smelt gorgeous:)
Tonight i,m cooking chicken fillet, baked spuds with butter and veg for steve, i,m having nowt, as i feel sick now, to many doughnuts:D

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
Mavıs --they had some readıng specs ın the lıra shop on the front they were on the left sıde of the counter as you go ın and were ın a lıttle metal tube case --thanks for the ınfo on the doughnuts lol kıb

We popped off to the local Kipa today, extra lean ground beef, 19 tl kg, whole chickens on sale, 3.59 kg, so roast chicken tonight with potatoes, and also lasagna, with lots of cheese! I will either be a hero or a sad man, we shall see....:D

zeytin

Connoisseur
Now ay! steve, Roast chicken, taties And Lasagne, thats greedy:D and ive only had 3 doughnuts all day:) If your Lasagne turns out good, give us the recipe:)

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
Mavis, Nar Eksisi comes in a little bottle and can be found in the same part as the vinegar etc..it's delicious on salads.

As for lasagne..one of my fave things to make. ;)

zeytin

Connoisseur
I,ll have a try of that then, anything that,ll liven up a salad:) Wonder what you,d mix the powdered one with though? I,ll have to get the glasses kibris recommended:)
Come on, Lasagne recipe,s please, someone said you can use the yufka pastry instead of lasagne sheets!! anyone tried that?

Well i will have to get a take away as my bloody glass oven door has just exploded , glass everywhere..good job i am not home for Xmas ! At least £ 100 to fix it , and cant get anything done now till New Year as everywhere factory wise shut !! Gonna go and have a scream i think !! Noreen x

Mavi

Glaswegian Güzeli
Yoreks bread and rolls are gorgeous too! They also do like melba toast in bags, its lovely as a snack with some dips..

Tonight we had chicken kebabs, new potatoes and veg..

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
Noreen you could get one of those mıcrowave ovens wıth a convectıon and grıll-ı used to have one ın uk and theyre quıte good-or a table top oven to tıde you over---kıb