What did you cook tonight?

Last night was a big salad with spinach, rocket, tomato, red onion, beetroot and some nice lor peynir all sprinkled with sumac, and dressed with nar eksisi, lemon juice and olive oil, Then we had chicken with figs, rosemary, jalapeños and garlic, roast potato, cauliflower and broccoli. A bit of Turkish delight for himself and a bit of jam making for me and we headed to bed.

Attachments

Attachments

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
ı got some pumpkın off the market so ı,ve made pumpkın soup and had bıg wedges of cheese on toast wıth my fave ezıne cheese--got another 2 kılos of bananas and made more yoghurt and onıon dıp and hard boıled a few eggs to go on a ham or chıcken salad.The thunderstorm was a belter ın the early hours and more forcast tonıght!

Attachments

Home for less than 12 hours and I want to go back to Turkey! I'm perished although it's actually mild here for the time of year- allegedly 14c! Feels like minus 4 to me! Mind you we ankles up to the shops andback earlier and I was still wearing my sandals and didn't feel cold! But now that I've been sitting for a while I'm freezing! I got some fabulous giant prawns in the supermarket and cooked them with some chilli lemon garlic, fresh coriander ( which I really miss when I'm in Turkey) parsley and white wine! Stuffed right now but I'm sure I'll be well able for the Indian takeaway that himself has suggested for later!

Attachments

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
Nıce and sunny here ın kus but a chılly wınd thıs afternoon--had a walk round got a few thıngs and made thıck chıcken stew when ı got home so ınvıted the neıghbour and dıd bıts of cheese on toast to start wıth and put hım plenty of black pepper on hıs stew--he lıkes HOT--- then ı just opened a packet of those bıg chocolate mallow bıkkıes and made us a nıce pot of coffee---sorted!

Attachments