What did you cook tonight?

Enjoy your hols Peril & good luck with the move Jake...temps due to rise to 16°c here in 4 days...our flat is nice and warm luckily and İ'm looking forward to our day out as the National Park is supposed to be stunning with an alpine style hotel for a cosy lunch by the fire...hubby has all the details so will sit back and enjoy the hour or so's drive there ...

Tonight we had some fried padron peppers sprinkled with sea salt to accompany a glass ( or two! ) of icy Tio Pepe, followed by green bean stew with bulgar pilav with some local Jumilla to wash it down. A little bit of light reading before we head up bed yo get ready for yet another warm ( by Irish standards ) day tomorrow.

Tonight we had chicken curry with three grain rice - basmati wild and red ( from the speciality section of DIA). Then we had some wonderful nut tartlets from the local bakery- heaven!

Attachments

Attachments

Tonight we had some trout fillets with green beans, artichoke hearts and some wilted spinach. Some more local red wine twitch which to wash it down. Himself did the cooking as my neck is acting up a bit today - could get used to that!

Tonight was a quiet night in to reflect on our return to snowy, icy Dublin next Tuesday. Weather here has been mixed with a few days where himself said those thermometers are showing 15 lying degrees - for the wind was perishing and we had to don jackets where a few short days ago it was T-shirt’s or T-shirt’s and a shirt.
Anyway to cheer us up, I did a Thai green chicken curry with some slurpy noodles ( himself is fond of noodles) with as Asian a salad as I could muster. A few glasses of Freixnet helped improve the mood, and tomorrow we will saunter forth and consider where to go and what to do for our remaining few days. Time flies the older you get - isn’t that what tempus fugit is all about!

Hubby made the most delish kuru fasulye - bean stew with slow cooked bony turkey pieces and rice with şehriye, warm oven cooked (tandır) fluffy bread and a couple of glasses of chilled white wine completed the delight ... we are spending much time at home these days ... made our warm, cosy bedroom into a kind of sitting room also ... PJs often the daily dress code & plenty of reading & Turkish music ..
Bliss..
Hoping for some sunny sits with çay on the balcony again soon as temps quite reasonable :giggle:

Last edited:
Love kuru fasulye Kas with or without meat. One of my all time favorites.
Tonight we had a smoked salmon salad to start, with pan fried hake, asparagus, sprouting broccoli and garlic potatoes. Garlic potatoes went a bit baw ways on me - it’s normally himself that makes them so I don’t know what I did wrong. They were edible is the kindest think I can say for them!