Tv satalite for Summer please

Thank you for reply. When we get there we will go in next day and just order it. We won't say we are only there for a week. Like I said our turkush friends had it in three days. But she wasn't having it with us. How is it, we have taken a kodi box out last time and it was brilliant plus my son had Netflix which was great, but ate up our mifi in a day. So if we get unlimited I will be able to watch anything only problem is then I won't ever want to come back to home ha.

Sorry another question did you have to put a line into the house or is it wireless. Thanks again
I believe it is via the telephone line into the house although I choose not to have a phone .. just use messenger or WhatsApp for calls I don't even use my Turkish phone any more and get by no problem .. the speed is great and I watch various live Tv on the Kodi box with no issues ... hoping you get sorted soon

I had to arrange for a cable to be installed, from a com box on my complex to my house...costs about 100tl / 100 meters... In my case it was about 200meters. Most new builds should have it already connected. However if not, it's not to expensive.

Just a headsup, Kodi is not so good imho... it certainly was a couple years back. However its getting to be a nightmare trying to find reliable updateable addons... Even exodus isn't what it used to be.. Covenant and UK Turks are as good as you are going get, and they have become very hit and miss..

After messsing with Kodi for some time, I find myself useing http://www.thetelly.club/index.html much of the time...Its just so much less messing about.. I simply mirror my PC to My HD TV..

Sgreat this Telly club might be the answer! Thanks for the heads up!
Its has been setup by an expat here in Turkey, Robert. Well Known on another Turkish Forum, I simply registered and received my login details next day... Not paid anything yet, he obviously needs to cover server costs. So There is small charge to enable him to keep it going.. I believe is around £20 a yr... Well worth it in my opinion!! I have the major UK TV channels plus Sky sports.. Loads of movies, and a catchup for the Mrs Soaps etc..lol

So thats my TV Sorted.... You ideally require a minimum of 4mb internet... I manage 720p quite well with that...any higher definition will def require a higher bandwidth...

Steve

peril

Connoisseur
I believe it is via the telephone line into the house although I choose not to have a phone .. just use messenger or WhatsApp for calls I don't even use my Turkish phone any more and get by no problem .. the speed is great and I watch various live Tv on the Kodi box with no issues ... hoping you get sorted soon
Quick question before I visit the shop on Monday SS- are there any connection / setup costs or other associated costs that I should be aware of? 60tl is very good value for monthly unlimited internet!

I had my Line installed only a few months ago, I pay 90tl/m I have unlimited internet with a said to be guaranteed speed 5mb...This as usual is not quite the case, but good enough for me to watch TV... So Im cool..
TTnet or Turktelekom have com boxes all over the place, my nearest digital exchange box is sogukat, which is about 3km from my house in Davutla..

TTnet sent out a guy with my Modem router to connect me, however my house didn't have a working line in. I had to get a guy in from Kusadasi to connect my house from the TTnet com box on our site. This cost 100tl/100meters...I required 200meter,so cost me 200tl.

The Engineer who came to connect me, arranged for this to be done, and it was done litterally within a couple of hours... I'm not entirely sure whether this was part of the normal service, or was because I was floundering foreigner.

Steve

Hi thanks for reply. When they put line to house does it mean literally a line from the site box onto our roof etc. I know we had a line to the house when we moved in years ago but at the time we would not have considered internet because it was just holiday, so we had a new terrace then line was disconnected. Sorry now as it would be so much easier

I
Quick question before I visit the shop on Monday SS- are there any connection / setup costs or other associated costs that I should be aware of? 60tl is very good value for monthly unlimited internet!
believe the initial charge for installation was 35 ytl defo less than 40 ytl, hope this helps Peril x

peril

Connoisseur
Thanks SS- my visit to them was postponed as we're getting some work done but I'll be hoofing it in tomorrow hopefully. Might bring a turkish speaking pal with me to be sure we get it sorted.

Hi let us know how you get on. I'm just trying to get all the info I can as we are not there until Xmas. Even then only a week, so the more info the better. Wish I was there, it would be easy going in, even with a Turkish friend to try and set it up. Thanks

peril

Connoisseur
Didn't get in today- our water heater went kaput and I had to stay at home and mind the tiler while himself went to buy a new one. And the Mifi went this evening so no news- definitely trying to get in tomorrow to see what the story is-15gbs didn't last a fortnight!

Hi going back to the subject of anytime internet, 60tl with tt, we are coming over to kus in two weeks, does anybody know if the offer is still 60tl per month thanks

Hi had internet fitted today so far so good. Price in the end was 62tl. We have got a phone number as well but probably won't use it. But if we did is it free calls, and if so is it just in turkey thanks

Hi had internet fitted today so far so good. Price in the end was 62tl. We have got a phone number as well but probably won't use it. But if we did is it free calls, and if so is it just in turkey thanks
Great to hear not sure of free calls I have tele no but did not buy a phone as do not know what it entails and I know that I would be tempted to use so sticking to messenger for calls

Hi we thought that but when we come back in March, I will enquire what is entailed if we have the phone. We did hear free calls in turkey. We are happy with messenger and our Turkish phone but when We are phoning taxis, our minibus to take us home which keeps me hanging on, waterman takeaway, it might be worth it for those save wasting turkish phone. We will see