City Council Of Kusadasi

Anthony07

Welsh Prince
Thanks for the Info Alan, "Boran then took questions from the floor. He recommended that foreigners should not make Turkish wills but should make wills in their native countries. These wills would be valid in Turkey and would be executed in accordance with the deceased person's wishes and would over-ride the Turkish forced inheritance law" So the UK will is accepted and would over-ride the Turkish forced inheritance law?

AlanK

Connoisseur
Thanks for the Info Alan, "Boran then took questions from the floor. He recommended that foreigners should not make Turkish wills but should make wills in their native countries. These wills would be valid in Turkey and would be executed in accordance with the deceased person's wishes and would over-ride the Turkish forced inheritance law" So the UK will is accepted and would over-ride the Turkish forced inheritance law?
That's what he said.

Fleur

Connoisseur
I really, really hope so. But there are people who had British wills and they were overridden in favour of Turkish law.
I think it depends on the presiding Judge, they have the final say.

Does anyone on here know why when you go to pay your council tax in Kus , or whatever they call it , the amounts vary , even when you are on the same site , Olive Grove , with exactly the same size Villa , no late fees or anything , yet we all pay different amounts ?? When Capital , who manage our site , queried this , the Council response was..along the lines of no reponse..we charge what we like..as such..Has anyone else had this problem ?/x

zeytin

Connoisseur
To my knowledge your council tax is worked out by the belidiye via the price you paid for the house and what is on their records. Thats what we have been led to believe.

AlanK

Connoisseur
Does anyone on here know why when you go to pay your council tax in Kus , or whatever they call it , the amounts vary , even when you are on the same site , Olive Grove , with exactly the same size Villa , no late fees or anything , yet we all pay different amounts ?? When Capital , who manage our site , queried this , the Council response was..along the lines of no reponse..we charge what we like..as such..Has anyone else had this problem ?/x
The municipality tax is on the agenda for the next meeting of the Foreigners' Assembly Friday 13 May 16:00 at the new university building.

Anniebubble

Ladies Beach's First Lady
Thanks Alan I have been drafting a letter not ready to send yet hopefully the next couple of days I`ll report back how I get on.

I would also like to know what has happened with the Number 5 Dolmuc as I got on it at Green beach asking for the Palmin and was taken all the way into town and back round via several sitesi's I haver never even seen,this took about 30mins + when it should have just been a 2 minute ride,I am now very wary of getting on to the number 5 which always used to pass my Sitesi and would rather pay the extra and get a taxi.
hi there very useful info iwas going to apply for residence permit however the tapu is in my name does this mean that my wife cannot get one as her name is not on tapu

AlanK

Connoisseur
hi there very useful info iwas going to apply for residence permit however the tapu is in my name does this mean that my wife cannot get one as her name is not on tapu
No she can get one too. You live in the same house and are married. Lack of a tapu does not mean that you cannot have residencey anyway.

No she can get one too. You live in the same house and are married. Lack of a tapu does not mean that you cannot have residencey anyway.
tks alan would it help if we brought our marriage cert with us and it mentions a stay of 1 month we go to kus a number of times a year but would not a month at a time will that make a difference

peril

Connoisseur
" it mentions a stay of 1 month we go to kus a number of times a year but would not a month at a time will that make a difference"
I too would be interested in the answer to that question.