City Council Of Kusadasi

AlanK

Connoisseur
You don't need your marriage certificate and there's no point in buying a month at a time. That would just fill your book more quickly and you'd hve to buy a new one after just four months.

hi a
You don't need your marriage certificate and there's no point in buying a month at a time. That would just fill your book more quickly and you'd hve to buy a new one after just four months.
hi alan i think you misunderstood when i apply do i have to be in kus for 1 month to apply for a 5 year residency permit or is the main criteria the fact that i have a house there it appears that the permit is now free to irish tks

City Council ,
welcome to the forum , i have squestions regarding the Kirazli Yolu , since it needss some repairing the road is very bumpy also we need lights because in the evening it is pitch black and dangerous , and biggist problem for us - people living is this area - the humen dumps in the tank in the middle of the street the stinch in unbeliveble in the summer .
thank you very much

AlanK

Connoisseur
hi a

hi alan i think you misunderstood when i apply do i have to be in kus for 1 month to apply for a 5 year residency permit or is the main criteria the fact that i have a house there it appears that the permit is now free to irish tks
No you can apply as soon as you arrive and there is no minimum time you must stay. I believe that the RP is free for Irish citizens but you can only apply for three years maximum at a time.

AlanK

Connoisseur
Minutes of the meeting of the Foreigners' Assembly held Friday 13 May 2011. This contains important information for property owners.
Before I start the minutes of the meeting I need to correct some misinformation reported by some local English language media.
They suggest that the Kuşadası Kent Konseyi and its component assemblies are private organisations and have nothing to do with Kuşadası Belediyesi. This is totally incorrect and any responsible journalist would have checked his facts before publishing such a statement. All municipalities are required by Article 76 of Turkish Law no 5393 dated 2/11/2009 to set up a City Council. Kuşadası Kent Konseyi was established by Kuşadası Belediyesi to comply with that law. The Foreigners' Assembly is an integral part of the Kent Konseyi. Members of the assembly attend meetings of the full Konseyi, which are held at the Belediye Saray and the mayor has himself addressed our assembly. The help desk call centre, which is in the Belediye Saray was set up in response to requests by the Konseyi, initiated by the Foreigners' Assembly. Some at today's meeting reported how they had been helped by it.
I trust this clarifies our position.
The meeting opened at 16:00 with Battal Oğuz in the chair and Jean-Paul acting as interpreter. There were 19 present. Countries represented were Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Switzerland and UK.
Battal started by giving a brief history of the university and a short tour of some of its facilities.
The first speakers were from a driving school licensed by the municipality's Department of Transport Their opening topic was about accident procedures and how to complete an accident report form. Provided that all involved in the acccident agree on the cause, there are no deaths or injuries and no government vehicles involved and no damage to state property, there is no need to involve the police. The drivers must both sign the report forms and send them to their own insurance companies together with photographs and names and addresses of any witnesses. If the drivers cannot agree then the police must be called and the vehicles not moved. If the vehicles are totally blocking the road then they may be moved after measurements of their posotions have been made and photographs taken. Police phone number is 155 or in rural areas call the Jandarma on 156.
They went on to explain the rules of the road which are much the same as in Europe but widely ignored. Rules of the road have recently begun to be taught in primary schools.
Recent changes in the law were explained.
Any one owning a car registered in Turkey and having lived in Turkey for more than six months is required by law to obtain a Turkish driving licence. The procedure for doing so was explained. The speaker went on to say that prosecutions for foreigners failing to have a Turkish licence are rare but insurance companies may not meet claims of unlicenced drivers.
MA registered cars may be driven by anyone, including Turkish citizens and not just those named on the registration documents.
Foreigners may not drive any size motorcycle unless their native country's licence specifically authorizes them. In other words, although a Briton can drive a 49cc scooter on his car licence in England he cannot do so in Turkey.
Owners of MA registered cars who wish to take them out of Turkey, either temporarily or permanently were advised to consult the trafik polis and to visit the tax office to obtain a statement that there are no outstanding taxes or fines.
Battal proposed that the Assembly should request, through the Belediye, that the government should make the accident report forms available in many languages or use the standard EU form. This was carried unanimously.
The next speaker was from the Municipality Taxation Department. She explained that when someone buys a property they much register their purchase at the Belediye within five years. Failure to do so will result in the imposition of a fine. A card bearing the Sıçıl number will be issued at the time of registration and this number should always be quoted. There is no tax to be paid for the first year. There are two tax periods ending at the end of May and November and tax may be paid for either a half or full year. The environmental tax is usually paid at the same time as the property tax. Last year a new water purification tax of 20TL/ six months was introduced and this may also be paid at the same time.
Payments may be made either in person at the Belediye Saray, through some banks' internet banking or www.kusadasi.bel.tr/e-belediye.
A discount for retired people permanently resident in Turkey and owning only one property will be introduced and details will be made available later this year.
This is very important!
Property tax is based on the area of the property AND its value. The municipality and the land registry (tapu office) are now working closely to ensure that the declared value of the property at the time of purchase is also the true purchase price. Property owners are also required to report any changes that they have made which could increase the value of the property, such as extensions, double glazing, air-conditioning, central or solar hearing. Failure to do so can result in the imposition of fines and levies of up to five years' unpaid back taxes. Last year you may have seen council staff with cameras and clipboards waling the streets and looking at every house. The council has now, as far as it can, recalculated the value of properties and recalculated the tax and fines due. If you have recently paid your tax and they are aware of all the improvements you have made then you may be paid up to date, but everyone is strongly advised to visit the Belediye Saray to check. Any back taxes and fines paid by 31 May will be halved. From 31 May a new system of charges and fines will be intoduced which will be linked to retail prices. The desk at which you should report your changes and check your debts is situated at the back of the ground floor, directly opposite the entrance. On Monday 16 May Dilek Mestanoğlu will be available in that area to give any assistance needed. If you have any queries the call centre staff will be happy to help, you can call them on 6140564 or 41449232.
Because of the holiday season, the next meeting will not be held until September. Members will be notified by e-mail of the location date and time.

Fleur

Connoisseur
City Council ,
welcome to the forum , i have squestions regarding the Kirazli Yolu , since it needss some repairing the road is very bumpy also we need lights because in the evening it is pitch black and dangerous , and biggist problem for us - people living is this area - the humen dumps in the tank in the middle of the street the stinch in unbeliveble in the summer .
thank you very much
I have written and emailed the council on numerous occasions about the appalling state of this road which becomes even more dangerous after a downpour of rain. The attempt at widening it has caused even more problems and I would like to know when they are going to finish what they started.
Over to you City Council, a reply will be most welcome.

AlanK

Connoisseur
Fleur I contacted the call centre about the state of our road and another member emailed about hers. We both got pretty quick results.

Anniebubble

Ladies Beach's First Lady
I sent an email about a road problem to info@......... on 9th April no reply so on the 25th April I sent email to Cagrimerkezi@........... and got a rely on 29th April quote
We received your mail and we send to the relevant department.
When we take a information about your problem we will to inform you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your sensibility.`

On the 9th May received a letter from the department stating that they have looked into problem and work will be done as soon as poss.
Just to give a quick incite into problem .We live on a main road/junction and there has been many accidents over the years.Our site did write a letter a few years ago nothing happened.2 years ago our car was hit while parked outside our house and last year a car came into our garden though the garden wall. accident.jpg accident 3.jpg .
I said one day its going to someone life this area is where people walk down to beach so very busy in summer when the accidents happen.
I wanted to do something before but never knew who to write to or see.
Thanks to this thread I now had a contact.I asked for speed /stop signs and/or bumps or ???? something that would make people aware of the junction and to slow speed.Hopefully this will get done will keep you informed.
So far so good very please with the response.

Hello City Council,
my topic is another one than the usual, i.e. violence against foreigners! I wrote last week Wednesday an e-mail to cagrimerkezi@kusadasi.bel.tr but have not received any reply till now.
What happened is the following:
Almost every morning during the last two years my husband, myself and two female friends (english and swiss nationality) go for a walk with our dogs along the sea. Around 07:30 we take the path along the former Shell Company compound and walk down to the sea. From there we continue through the Toprak-garden till the wall between Toprak en Ömer Tatil Köyü. Then we return the same way.

This was also what we did last Tuesday. On the return way, we saw a man standing at the end of the backside of the Shell Compound. We put our dogs on the line; they are not aggressive, but by experience we know that quite some Turkish people are scared of dogs. When we were about 20 meter away from this man, we saw that he took two big stones from the beach and still called to him "problem yok", because we were convinced he was expecting trouble with the dogs. This was not the case.

The man started yelling at us in German "Schweine! Alle Ausländer sind Schweine! Dies ist mein Land! Ihr seid Hunde! Schlampe! Ich fick dich in den Arsch". Translated this means "Pigs! All foreigners are pigs! This is my country! You are dogs! Slut! I **** you in the ass".
We neglected him and wanted to turn into the path leading to the main road, when he threw the stones in our direction. The stones were not meant for the dogs, they were aimed directly at us and missed one of our friends´ head by maybe 5 cm !!! Our friend yelled angrily at him, but he quickly took more heavy stones and threw them all to us, all the time aiming at our heads. We put distance between us and this man and managed to escape unhurt.

Since we consider this person dangerous and looking for violence, we decided for the time being not to take this route anymore. Anyhow, this matter does not only concern us. Some mornings tourists, who are staying in Ömer Tatil Köyü are jogging along this path. These people are also foreigners, who might encounter this man and be seriously injured by him.

We do not know where the man lives. We suppose somewhere in this surrounding, maybe he is spending the summer months in Özpinarkent Sitesi or one of the other sites like Zümrüt or 60 Evler or in one of the apartment buildings nearby. He is probably working in Germany and spending his holidays here, because he seems to speak the language fluently, even though what he says is not exactly high level. We can give a short description of him: about 1,78m tall, strongly built, a round face, short dark hair thinning on the top of his head, a moustache, wearing dark framed glasses. We estimate he is around 45 years old. He was dressed in dark blue (sport) trousers and sweatshirt.
We realise that we could call the Zabita, but... then we have to keep standing there under attack until the Zabita arrives and by that time one of us can have a broken skull. So, that was not an option. Getting away from there fast and safe was all we were interested in.
I do not know if this is a case the City Council can help us with. We would appreciate very much if we could get advice how to deal with this and have the matter sorted out. Thank you in advance.

Panda, I would have called the police right away from a safe distance. This is assualt, plain and simple, not something to give to the zabita to handle. I am sure the police would have responded quickly, as this man is dangerous, and also they wouldn't want bad publicity about Kus. I am glad none of you were injured.

Fleur

Connoisseur
I agree, this is definitely a police matter. This man maybe what we call in the UK 'care in the community' and not only a danger to you, but a danger to himself.

City Council would you be able to sort out our problem.

We live just below the Ataturk statue and turkish children are often playing around there, the problem is that they throw stones onto our terrace and the buildings around us, they have smashed numerous solar panels and tiles.

Last year I was hit on the leg and was lucky not to have it broken, one time my friend was hit on the arm and another time somebody was taking pot shots with an air rifle. We have had the police up and I filed a report when my leg was hit.

It looks as though it has been fenced off in the past but this has been broken down. I know that it is a great point to look at the view but unless something is done it is only a question of time before somebody gets hit on the head with these stones, and they are not small, and I don't want it to be my little boy, me my husband or my animals or any of my neighbours.

Is this something I could go to the Belediye and complain about, thanks.

AlanK

Connoisseur
City Council would you be able to sort out our problem.

We live just below the Ataturk statue and turkish children are often playing around there, the problem is that they throw stones onto our terrace and the buildings around us, they have smashed numerous solar panels and tiles.

Last year I was hit on the leg and was lucky not to have it broken, one time my friend was hit on the arm and another time somebody was taking pot shots with an air rifle. We have had the police up and I filed a report when my leg was hit.

It looks as though it has been fenced off in the past but this has been broken down. I know that it is a great point to look at the view but unless something is done it is only a question of time before somebody gets hit on the head with these stones, and they are not small, and I don't want it to be my little boy, me my husband or my animals or any of my neighbours.

Is this something I could go to the Belediye and complain about, thanks.
This is a matter for the police.

Well we have been to the Police and made numerous phone calls as well.

As it is beledeyie land then they must be responsible for the security there, i will call in and speak to the help desk see if i can get any joy from them.

Panda, I would have called the police right away from a safe distance. This is assualt, plain and simple, not something to give to the zabita to handle. I am sure the police would have responded quickly, as this man is dangerous, and also they wouldn't want bad publicity about Kus. I am glad none of you were injured.
I agree, this is definitely a police matter. This man maybe what we call in the UK 'care in the community' and not only a danger to you, but a danger to himself.
Thanks Steve and Fleur for your reply. You are probably right. I think one of these days we will take that route again. Of course we hope never seeing that man again. But if he is there and attacks us again, we will do as you say: get at a safe distance and call the police (and hope on quick response...). Probably sounds ridiculous for people our age, but after that encounter our knees felt a bit weak and our main concern had been to get out there uninjured.