Cash-n-carry

ben

Black Knight
Tespo used to be quite good but has declined over the last 3 years.
Unfortunatly by the time tax has been added to most things, they can be found at cheaper prices elsewhere.
For some reason the staff there are especially grumpy even by Turkish standards!

Anthony07

Welsh Prince
ben;294874 said:
Tespo used to be quite good but has declined over the last 3 years.
Unfortunatly by the time tax has been added to most things, they can be found at cheaper prices elsewhere.
For some reason the staff there are especially grumpy even by Turkish standards!
Thanks Ben..I think we will be giving that a miss then :)

Mavi

Glaswegian Güzeli
Sometimes there is cheaper items to be had there in Tespo, but at times other things are cheaper...

One good thing about it though is that you can get catering sizes in alot of things.

Tespo: You can get english breakfast bacon and sausages (frozen), plus Fege baked beans (the best, also in catering size cans) plus all the sauces and pickles that you love from home. Buy six of an item and you get a discount.

You need your passport and the ability to ignore the staff's miserable outlook on life. Still worth it in my opinion. We bought a shipload of staples like rice and lentils (several carloads) which we have stored in tupperware.

Think big and you'll save money.

Anthony07

Welsh Prince
Freebooter;294940 said:
Tespo: You can get english breakfast bacon and sausages (frozen), plus Fege baked beans (the best, also in catering size cans) plus all the sauces and pickles that you love from home. Buy six of an item and you get a discount.

You need your passport and the ability to ignore the staff's miserable outlook on life. Still worth it in my opinion. We bought a shipload of staples like rice and lentils (several carloads) which we have stored in tupperware.

Think big and you'll save money.
Is it only a passport? so you don't have to have one of their cards?

..yes take your passport the first time Tony ..after that you should be on their computer system ..also handy to keep your last reciept...for the next time ..:)

We have been there lots of times Tony and never had to show our passports. The guy usually asks if we are paying in cash, which we do, and that is that. No problem.

Stevi B, Quite agree with you, we always make a list and say no more then this, but always end up spending between 500 and 600 , but also do save a lot. I find it also better because it stops me going out spending everyday in the supermarket. They could do with one in kusadasi.

Metro is really fantastic for shopping, the selection is incredible. We go the the big Metro in Cigli, problem is, we always come out with so much darn stuff!
We're not that far from Çiğli - I'd like to try Metro one day when hubby returns from sea! A pal here told me you have to have a card? Another friend borrows one from a friend! How does one get the card - is a card necessary? Many thanks!