Tire Market

Hi Bisto

don't recall any steps as such. The town market is on a gentle slope.
I would say it is fine although like all markets quite crowded.

AlanK

Connoisseur
Has anyone visited Tire on a Friday? Is there a market? All of the guide books and web sites I've looked at mention the Tuesday market but not a word about one on Fridays. I was planning to go tomorrow.

travelexpert

Director of Travel Services
Has anyone visited Tire on a Friday? Is there a market? All of the guide books and web sites I've looked at mention the Tuesday market but not a word about one on Fridays. I was planning to go tomorrow.
Famous grand market of Tire is on tuesdays, however on Fridays there is a relatively smaller market. Dont forget to pay a visit to KAPLANDAGI at the top , just amazing... thinking of setting a scheduled tour there in every once a while, twice a month maybe

pajoe

Connoisseur
We went to the Friday one in the summer,but its very small compared to the huge one on Tuesday.

We went one Friday and were really disappointed as it was only the vegetable market, a few stalls up the back but
nothing like the Tuesday market. Much cheaper than Kusadasi market for a lot of things especially baby and
childrens wear for the Grandchildren !!
The drive down through the countryside is really lovely on a good day.

I loved the Tire market. It seems much more authentic than the ones in Kusadasi, Guzelcamli, etc. Lots of handmade items, etc. We parked in a small lot opposite the museum and it was easy and only a few lira. The "museum" btw is not really worthwhile (kind of a hodge podge of things, some of which didn't seem to belong) but it's free... :)

AlanK

Connoisseur
Thank you Travel Expert. After reading your post we decided to visit Tire today and are glad we did. The market was very small with prices and quality the same as here in Kusadasi. Parking was very easy. We had an early lunch before going around the market: Tire kofte in stewed tomatoes and beetroot served with side dishes of salad, pickles, yogurt and mounds of different breads. The dessert was white cheese covered with black mulberry jam. Delicious and very different from anything I've had in Kusadasi and very inexpensive.
The jewellers' shops were also very different; windows filled with dazzling displays of exquisitely designed and crafted gold bracelets and rings.
Beautiful and touristic it's not but it is a very interesting, real working town, where you'll hear very little English. We'll certainly go again, but next time on a Tuesday when Ann has a day off.
Hopefully the weather will be better so we can spend more time exploring the town and some of the interesting looking places en route.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your useful travel information posts.

Famous grand market of Tire is on tuesdays, however on Fridays there is a relatively smaller market. Dont forget to pay a visit to KAPLANDAGI at the top , just amazing... thinking of setting a scheduled tour there in every once a while, twice a month maybe
Would love to go & have a look as i'm sure a few of my friends would also.Will look out for any information on a scheduled tour.
Would make a very interesting day out & something a bit different