British Passport Renewal

I renewed mine the other week if ur in turkey you need to contact the embassy or if your in the UK you can do it on-line and just your old passport when they send you the forms

I did contact the embassy and they told me they dont do it in Turkey anymore, you have to send it to germany, I want to know what do I have to send there, also when it comes down to signing the photos, I have friends in the Police here or would my Solicitor beable to do it, and do I have to send my birth certificate.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
I did contact the embassy and they told me they dont do it in Turkey anymore, you have to send it to germany, I want to know what do I have to send there, also when it comes down to signing the photos, I have friends in the Police here or would my Solicitor beable to do it, and do I have to send my birth certificate.
I had to renew my passport not too long ago, I needed:​
-My currant passport​
-A filled in application form (which, btw, they have changed and it's super easy to fill out unlike last time I renewed my passport and it was 10 pages long)​
-2 x recent, identical passport photos (very strict nowadays, on my last passport photo I was grinning like a goon but now you're not allowed to smile, hair has to be tucked behind ears, etc.)​
-If your appearance has changed a great deal from your last passport then one of your photos should be certified by the person who countersigns your application.
-The fee​
Mine was initially classed as damaged because my mum dropped it in a puddle when we were in rainy France but when I went to London they told me they would just do it under a renewal - I had two signed photos, birth certificate etc but none of it was needed just for a renewal.​
Here are some links you may find useful:​

mine runs out in April next year. I intend to fill out the form and give it to one of my family to do it back home. Any problems with this? I was wondering about the stamp????:confused:

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
British passports are now issued in Dusseldorf. From reading about the same subject on another forum, your passport is usually sent back in 10 days.

We renewed our UK Passports last year,very easy,we printed of the online forms and followed instructions i.e passport and photo's etc,we then took the forms to the Police station by Karavansaray and they signed the photo's (free),we then went to Fedex by the tax office and couriered then to Germany,we were a bit nervous about all this as it was our first time but was amazed when I had a phone call 4 days later from fedex asking when we would be in as they wanted to deliver our new passports,I forgot to say when I put all the relevant documents in an envelope I also had to fill out a form for payment by Visa(this is all on the web site)and the postal charges were taken from this,can't quite remember how much it was now but I remember being really pleased

So you do have to get the passport form signed does it have to be the police or can a lawyer or someone like that do it. Thanks for your replies, I may even go home and do it.

It says on the form that the passport photo has to be signed onthe back by either lawyer,doctor etc but as I hadn't dealt with anyone in authority since being here other than the police for residency I just went to them and they were more than happy to help free of charge,whereas I believe you may get charged by asking a doctor or lawyer,we just went back with some sweets for the police to share.

If you have one on the new UK driving licences with a digital photo and your appearance has not changed the Passport Office can use these photos - so there is no requirement for new photos

Mavi

Glaswegian Güzeli
Its not showing as changed on the gov.uk website yet Roy, maybe it will be updated soon then..

The nearest consulate to here is in Izmir though it used to be only Ankara and Istanbul that issued passports.

Previously when you could apply in Izmir they sent your application on to Ankara. My present passport was issued there. We'll have to wait to learn what the system will be this time.