Residence permit costs for British and Irish citizens

iamtravelr

Admin
Staff member
Blogger

Following a meeting with the Turkish authorities in December, the Turkish Ministry of the Interior and Ministry of Foreign Affairs have now confirmed that they have agreed to the British Ambassador’s request to reduce the residence permit fees for British nationals to 120TL (60 Euros/$80) per year from 1 April 2011.

As of April 1st the costs of a residency permit for a British National are now:

One-year is now 120TL (about £50 or 80 US dollars)
Two years is now 210TL (140 US dollars)
Three years is now 300TL (200 US dollars)
Four years is now 390TL (260 US dollars)
Five years is now 480TL (320 US dollars

Source: www.UKinturkey.fco.gov.uk

From 1 April 2011, residence permits for Irish citizens will be free of charge, though a charge will still apply on the purchase of the residence permit booklet.

Source: Embassy of Ireland

oooh i was ahead of myself - my residency does not run out until the end of April but renewed it about 3 weeks ago and paid nearly 700ytl!!
Does anyone know how i would go about seeing if i can get this back??

Not That it matters much at the present, but the price is the Dollar figure and converted to TL by the tax office.
Two years this morning was $140 = 223TL.
Still a lot cheaper than it was.

Has anyone got an official Turkish web site reference giving this information, please? The Izmir foreign police department always charges me more than the rates listed in the UK government sites. I want to take a print to them next time and be ready to ask them for an explanation.

I agree with Lez Zetli. we were charged more that the official price, and I have a copy of the prices they charge all nationalities. Each one more than the stated price. They even charge 1tl more for a blue book. Should be 149tl, but they charge 150tl. Not a lot per person, when when totalled against the number of people who go to them for visas etc, the amount rapidly racks up.

Peted1

Kusadasi Artist
Never been overcharged by so much as one Kuş when we've renewed our permits, and we've always found the polis lady to be friendly and helpful when we've gone in to renew. I don't know whether it's because we communicate in Turkish, or she just likes us...........

Peted1

Kusadasi Artist
Or the American politicians, Freebooter (the stock markets and investors seem to be blaming them, so why not climb on the band-wagon)

We were also a little shocked JandJ. But as I understand it (after visiting the tax office) the base price is in US dollars. You go to a cubicle and the lady calculates what you have to pay in lira. Then you go to the cage and pay what she has written on her document. Thus, as the lira is now devaluing, the price of residency is going up at least for now.

Is it possible to post the list with RP fee for all nationality?That would be nice of you because there is a lot of people who looking for that information.Thank you.

Following a meeting with the Turkish authorities in December, the Turkish Ministry of the Interior and Ministry of Foreign Affairs have now confirmed that they have agreed to the British Ambassador’s request to reduce the residence permit fees for British nationals to 120TL (60 Euros/$80) per year from 1 April 2011.

As of April 1st the costs of a residency permit for a British National are now:

One-year is now 120TL (about £50 or 80 US dollars)
Two years is now 210TL (140 US dollars)
Three years is now 300TL (200 US dollars)
Four years is now 390TL (260 US dollars)
Five years is now 480TL (320 US dollars

Source: www.UKinturkey.fco.gov.uk

From 1 April 2011, residence permits for Irish citizens will be free of charge, though a charge will still apply on the purchase of the residence permit booklet.

Source: Embassy of Ireland
B

Is it possible to post the list with RP fee for all nationality?That would be nice of you because there is a lot of people who looking for that information.Thank you.

B
This is the third time that you have asked this question in different places on the forum. Please don't do that. I have already answered with the information.

"residence permits for Irish citizens will be free of charge, though a charge will still apply on the purchase of the residence permit booklet." What is the charge for this permit booklet? If it's my 1st application is it ok to go to Police station near harbour or do I need to go elsewhere? Apart from my passport and copy of Tapu, Will I require any other documentation? Will ther be a waiting period or will Permit be issued on the spot? Thanks.

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but why is it that Irish citizens don't pay for a RP and the Brits do?
Fleur, you'll find that there are vast differences between what people pay from different countries. It's all to do with reciprocal agreements. I think that if you are dutch you pay a lot more for the visa, germany very little, etc etc.

Fleur

Connoisseur
I know a Dutch lady and she pays very little for RP and also there is a reciprocal agreement between the Dutch and Turks for health care. Is it the case that Turks going to Ireland do not need a visa?
It doesn't affect me of course, but I am just curious. Maybe Peril or someone else can enlighten me.