Breaking News - Osama Bin Laden has been killed!

Steve B

Connoisseur
Breaking News, all over the tv here in North America, Bin Laden has been killed by the US in a mansion outside of Islamabad, Pakistan. Just waiting for President Obama to announce the news to the world.

Peted1

Kusadasi Artist
Hope it's true, but I suspect that if he's dead he'll be martyred by Al Qaeda and they'll ramp up their activities...

Steve B

Connoisseur
Interesting enough, this has been kept quite for a few hours or more so that US assests could raise their security posture, as well as NATO. The president is now speaking Pete, such good news.

Steve B

Connoisseur
A very measured and thoughtful announcement by President Obama. Now for all worldwide who have been victims of this madman terrorist criminal, finally justice.

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
His body has apparently been dumped at sea. I saw a photograph earlier of what was supposed to be his face after he'd been killed, but Sky News now claims it was fake.

He may be dead, but I don't think we've seen the last of AQ.

Rhona

Kusadasi Queen
His body has apparently been dumped at sea. I saw a photograph earlier of what was supposed to be his face after he'd been killed, but Sky News now claims it was fake.

He may be dead, but I don't think we've seen the last of AQ.
Im afraid you are right Ally, worse may be still to come, I pray that Im wrong.

I'm afraid just informing the world that he is dead is not acceptable in this somewhat cynical, conspiracy minded, world. Show us proof.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
A girl marries her Prince, the bad guy is dead...it's a real Disney weekend.

It's good news that they finally caught him, but like others have said I think they'll be retribution.

Steve B

Connoisseur
It took over 10 years to track down him, interference from within Pakistan, especially it's security and intelligence services, the US never lost sight of the mission, to track him down and bring him to justice, and barring his surrender, to kill him, which is what happened. The bombings of the US embassies in Tanzania and Kenya, the attack on the USS Cole, and 9/11, people from countries and religions from all over the world were victims of this animal. Justice has been served, I am so proud of my American neighbors, so happy for the victims of his terror that some measure of justice has been delivered. As for his body, according to the US government, his body has been handled with Islamic tradition, and if any country in the world would do this, it is the US. For his victims, who can't speak today, I am happy that the criminal animal responsible has been brought to justice.

I'm afraid just informing the world that he is dead is not acceptable in this somewhat cynical, conspiracy minded, world. Show us proof.
Probably not possible anymore. Since in the Islamic world, the funeral takes place within 24 hrs after someone died and the US could not think of any country that would accept to bury his body, they decided to give him a sea funeral.

Looks like the problem Osama is now out of the world, but unfortunately not the Al Kaida network. Osama was their spiritual leader, but plenty of sub-groups can independently decide to perform terror acts and proved already being capable of doing so. No doubt for his followers he will be a martyr and we know what that means. I hope I am wrong, but I am afraid his death does not make this world a safer place in the months to come.

Lets review the situation, an american assault (not coalition forces, as has become the official term for the actions) in pakistan where american military has absolutely no business to enter without violating borders, a 40 minute fire fight with no american casualties, the body buried at sea meaning no independent verification of identity, all ahead of facing the brunt of the US austerity cuts and a upcoming election. all a little too convenient perhaps?

congratulations everybody ,
finally we smoked him .. praying to get rid of the rest of terrorist in the middle east ... like the Iranian regime , Hezbullah , the Syrian regime and Khadafi .
Ameen

Steve B

Connoisseur
I believe it has nothing to do with the "Arab Uprising", but rather acting quickly on positive proof where he was, and not letting this chance pass up. No, this won't stop his terror group in any way, with it's many affiliates and off-shoots, but rather obtaining justice for the heinous crimes he was guilty of. Justice never rests, and this is proof that no matter how long it took, they would obtain justice for the victims, which was so important.

This I'm afraid is only going to make the prospect of terrorist reprisals more likely and Osama into a martyr which of course he always wanted to be. We should remember that the number of US deaths in the attack in 2001 is minute when compared to the number of arab deaths which are the responsibility of the US government. I do not rejoice at this news.