Golden Sunset Complex

Hi,

I have been 2 years ago to this lovely complex but after seeing some posts in this forum I am a bit concerned. I found also on other web pages a lot of complains about the state of villas. I was wondering if you could help me and tell me what is the state of villa number 16 which I rented with Paul Howard? I just would not like to travel 1700 km by car just to find dirty and smelly villa. FYI the first time was great and hope it stays that way just this time we got different villa.Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have been 2 years ago to this lovely complex but after seeing some posts in this forum I am a bit concerned. I found also on other web pages a lot of complains about the state of villas. I was wondering if you could help me and tell me what is the state of villa number 16 which I rented with Paul Howard? I just would not like to travel 1700 km by car just to find dirty and smelly villa. FYI the first time was great and hope it stays that way just this time we got different villa.Thanks in advance!
Hi Haris, I have signed up especially to this forum to advise "get your money back now"! I have just returned this week from staying in no 16 and dealing with Paul Howard and his agent has been a nightmare. There were so many unhappy families there in his villas and we are all trying to claim back compensation. Basically the villas are falling into a state of disrepair and they are not being fixed up when things go wrong. As of the weekend, no Paul Howard Client was allowed a sunbed due to an ongoing dispute on site. In the villa no 16, the shower is broken, the jacussi leaks through the ceiling and the security shutter does not work. You will not be given the alarm password and you shouldn't expect any support from the agent. The fact you agreed with him to get no16 means nothing I was told I would get 17 and was given no 27 which is far, far worse! Mind you so glad I didnt get 17 as that was a nightmare too. Also be warned that he is selling these villas so expect estate agents with potential buyers to turn up, like we witnessed other holidaymakers dealing with. If you are out, they will simply come in, so you have to take your valuables out with you. So sorry to have to tell you all this, but we would really not want someone else to experience what we have.

Hi Haris, I have signed up especially to this forum to advise "get your money back now"! I have just returned this week from staying in no 16 and dealing with Paul Howard and his agent has been a nightmare. There were so many unhappy families there in his villas and we are all trying to claim back compensation. Basically the villas are falling into a state of disrepair and they are not being fixed up when things go wrong. As of the weekend, no Paul Howard Client was allowed a sunbed due to an ongoing dispute on site. In the villa no 16, the shower is broken, the jacussi leaks through the ceiling and the security shutter does not work. You will not be given the alarm password and you shouldn't expect any support from the agent. The fact you agreed with him to get no16 means nothing I was told I would get 17 and was given no 27 which is far, far worse! Mind you so glad I didnt get 17 as that was a nightmare too. Also be warned that he is selling these villas so expect estate agents with potential buyers to turn up, like we witnessed other holidaymakers dealing with. If you are out, they will simply come in, so you have to take your valuables out with you. So sorry to have to tell you all this, but we would really not want someone else to experience what we have.
Hi there,

now I understand why this complex is cheaper then others in Kusadasi. Thank you very much for sharing this with me. Just I think it is too late now to get my money back, wish I had this info earlier. Can you at least tell are the villas clean (we are paying 30 euros for cleaning)? The villa has 3 bathrooms so I hope one of them is working properly, hope that air con is working and kitchen appliances. Is there any way we can get our money back? I am guessing not...

Hi Haris if you get no 16 I think you will be ok. We did not pay separately for cleaning that was included in the price but the villa was clean and up to Sunday the air conditoning was working the prob tho is that if it breaks while there it is very unlikely to be fixed. The shutters on the patio doors do not work but the doors do lock on that villa but not all villas. We used the shower downstairs for the hol. It is not greatly equipped but we bought a few glasses we left there last week. Towels and bed linen well worn and take your own hairdryer. The site and pool are lovely as are the other holidaymakers. Maybe a good idea to contact Paul in advance and get these things sorted particularly to ensure you have 4 sunbeds. Good luck.

golden sunset reviewer and haris - there are a lot of good owners on that complex whom have been ripped off badly by paul however their villas are immaculate as are other ones that get rented out and looked after properly

why dont you contact the management company to liaise with them to let them know you are arriving

Hi Haris if you get no 16 I think you will be ok. We did not pay separately for cleaning that was included in the price but the villa was clean and up to Sunday the air conditoning was working the prob tho is that if it breaks while there it is very unlikely to be fixed. The shutters on the patio doors do not work but the doors do lock on that villa but not all villas. We used the shower downstairs for the hol. It is not greatly equipped but we bought a few glasses we left there last week. Towels and bed linen well worn and take your own hairdryer. The site and pool are lovely as are the other holidaymakers. Maybe a good idea to contact Paul in advance and get these things sorted particularly to ensure you have 4 sunbeds. Good luck.
Thanks for answering, I have already send him an email with my concerns and I hope it will be sorted out. In 2009 I was staying at the complex and it was all brand new and now I cannot believe that it is all warn out. In any case thank you for this info I just wish I had these info before so I could contact other owners. Good luck to me then

golden sunset reviewer and haris - there are a lot of good owners on that complex whom have been ripped off badly by paul however their villas are immaculate as are other ones that get rented out and looked after properly

why dont you contact the management company to liaise with them to let them know you are arriving
Please check other thread where I left you some questions. Thanks

Hi everyone,

came back from Kusadasi last week and had a great time at Golden Sunset Complex. But unfortunately, I would not recommend anyone going there. First of all our agent was Paul Howard and he is terrible man. After I paid the accomodation his communication with me was zero in that way that I was afraid if I will get the house at all. We traveled by car 1730 Km and when we finally came there we found that the villa that we reserved was occupied. Only explanation that we got was that we can have other villa which later came to be much better then the originaly booked and that Paul Howard is in Ireland so no use of him and to tell you the truth he doesnot care at all. Since we are optimistic people we forgot about this small incidents and had a great time. I must say that complex is awesome and people we met there were great. Almost forgot, we had to pay for electricity and water around 80 tl for 10 days which is not much, but if you stay there for one month you would have to pay around 250 TL and we didnot use air conditioner. In two bathrooms faucets were not working properly either the cold water was only running or hot water only running. In one bathroom shower was out of order. The rest was great. To top it all, after we came back home, I contacted Paul to refund my deposit he is not answering me for 10 days and I have sent couple of emails to him. I must say that Golden Sunset Compley is a great place but people like Paul Howard are destroying it. I dont know other owners but after experince with Paul I dont think I will come back to this place. And home service menagement company is the same thing. I have send them email I never got an answer. I do not recommend Golden Sunset Complex to anybody!​

Hi Haris, I am glad you had a lovely time on the complex. Fortunately there are only 4 or 5 villas on the site of 31 that belong to him. There are stunning villas there that are so well looked after and owned by people who like others to find them in a 5 star condition. I am so sorry that you booked one that was not looked after and you didnt get any response. Unfortunately the management company arent to blame - if they had been paid the money to look after the villas they would have done the repairs.

Hi Haris, I am glad you had a lovely time on the complex. Fortunately there are only 4 or 5 villas on the site of 31 that belong to him. There are stunning villas there that are so well looked after and owned by people who like others to find them in a 5 star condition. I am so sorry that you booked one that was not looked after and you didnt get any response. Unfortunately the management company arent to blame - if they had been paid the money to look after the villas they would have done the repairs.
Yes, I couldnt agree more with you. We met some turkish owners and some british, their villas are great and in perfect condition. But for further help there should be some kind of list of owners that people could trust and the list of owners that could not be trusted. Two years ago I stayed at villa owned by Steve, that it was much better then with Paul but still was not what I expected.

Great thing about the whole experience is that complex is actually great so these tiny souls of bad owners cannot ruin your hilday :)

It would be great if I could get hold of that good owners list :)

Hi Harris - steve didnt do a great job either of looking after the villas as they were pauls he looked after also. I agree the complex is lovely and there are lovely owners on it. Really is a shame however home service look after other villas not owned by paul on the complex which you can contact them directly next time and ask for one of the ones that are looked after. Unfortunately you booked directly and paid directly to Paul.

Hi Harris - steve didnt do a great job either of looking after the villas as they were pauls he looked after also. I agree the complex is lovely and there are lovely owners on it. Really is a shame however home service look after other villas not owned by paul on the complex which you can contact them directly next time and ask for one of the ones that are looked after. Unfortunately you booked directly and paid directly to Paul.
Hi there,

can you recommend me a nice owner at Golden Sunset Complex? I am interested in the prices for this year in September...

Thanks

This is crazy. Paul Howard has been in the national press in Ireland recently for being a really abusive landlord in Dublin! All the things you described there, houses in bad condition, he's been doing here, and bullying his tenants too.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soc...ed-to-evict-them-welcome-injunction-1.3334519

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soc...as-record-of-abusing-tenants-rights-1.3352368

This is crazy. Paul Howard has been in the national press in Ireland recently for being a really abusive landlord in Dublin! All the things you described there, houses in bad condition, he's been doing here, and bullying his tenants too.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soc...ed-to-evict-them-welcome-injunction-1.3334519

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soc...as-record-of-abusing-tenants-rights-1.3352368

hi Lyna, could you send me your contact details as I am a reporter working on the Irish Times articles you mentioned