80th Izmir International Fair

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger

Well, it's that time of year again...

The 80th International Fair opened yesterday and will continue until the 18th of September. We'll be heading over a couple of times whilst it's on, to mooch round & look at all the stalls but mostly to eat at the World Kitchen which is full of different cuisines from around the world.

Every year there is a theme and this year's trade show theme is "Environment and Environment Technologies".

Austria will be the partner of Turkey's first international trade show this year.

Austrian Minister for Economics, Family, & Youth Reinhold Mitterlehner will come to Turkey to visit the fair. As the partner country, Austria will have a 600-square metre stand.

The event will bring together Turkish and Austrian investors at four different events about environment, urban planning, tourism and alternative architecture.

The fair will also feature IEF Environment Summit on September 15 and 17.

A total of 1,083 companies including 256 foreign firms from Austria, People's Republic of China, Germany, Romania, Kuwait, Indonesia, Ukraine, Poland, Iran, Iraq and Slovenia will take part in the fair.

Some 1.5 million people are expected to visit the trade show which will remain open till September 18.

The 80th IEF will take place at Izmir Kulturpark International Fair Center.

iamTravelr

Admin
Staff member
Blogger
Thanks Mella. If I catch the Izbahn from Bicerova, where is the best place to get off to find it.,
You should come to "Halkapinar" first, then stop there and change to the other side (which goes to Konak area), and stop by "Cankaya" then little walk and you are there.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
It depends on your definition of far. :p I have walked from Konak Iskele through Alsancak to the fair many times, it's not that far, definitely walkable. :)

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
We hit the fair up yesterday. I thought it was quite disappointing as it was pretty much the same as last year. I say this every year actually and it doesn't seem to get any better. Every year they have a different exhibition from somewhere in Turkey, last year it was Gazientep, the year before - Canakkale (which was the best one) and this year it is Denizli, not much to see though as it's mainly made up of stalls selling clothes, wine, honey, olive oil etc.

The World kitchen had a choice of Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Bulgarian, Mexican and foods from different areas of Turkey. I had a Chinese dish which was nice and there was a Japanese man making sushi which seemed to be quite popular.

I didn't bother taking my camera so only snapped a few pictures on my iPhone...

(Only in Turkey can you win cigarettes at a children's fair ground!!)