Oldest Tree In Kusadasi?

On my travels in Kusadasi came across this tree, which according to the locals is 400 years old.
Reminded me of the Major Oak, a tree in Sherwood Forest where as children we believed
it was the hiding place of Robin Hood and you could actually climb inside it.
This tree at the moment is about 20 yards from a major building site so I hope it survives a
bit longer.

Attachments

AlanK

Connoisseur
On my travels in Kusadasi came across this tree, which according to the locals is 400 years old.
Reminded me of the Major Oak, a tree in Sherwood Forest where as children we believed
it was the hiding place of Robin Hood and you could actually climb inside it.
This tree at the moment is about 20 yards from a major building site so I hope it survives a
bit longer.
Where exactly is it please Harriet?

In Akkoy Sitesi is an olive tree with a small metal shield on it, stating that the tree is 1000 years old. If it really is that old? Who knows? Unfortunately I do not have a pic of it. Will try to think of it one of these days.

ben

Black Knight
Unfortunatly around us trees seem to disappear overnight, no matter how big or old they are when my neighbours want fire wood!

Unfortunatly around us trees seem to disappear overnight, no matter how big or old they are when my neighbours want fire wood!
Yes, it is really sad to see how little the people here seem to bother about environment. Maybe schools should start teaching children at a very young age how important our environment is for all of us.