WORKIN IN KUSADASI

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
IF I DON'T GET 2 REP OVER IN TURKEY....I WANT TO COME OVER ANMD WORK IN A PUB/CLUB FOR THE WHOLE SUMMER SEASON.
IMAGINE GETTING PAID FOR HAVING A LAUGH, DRINKING, LISTENING TO MUSIC AND FLIRTING - ONLY MY DREAM JOB!

I don't know how Turkey works, but i used to work in Spain during the summer season and my boss was always on the look out for police as we were not legaly working there.

Kusadasi-Guy would prob know this I think

i am goin to work in a bar next year i already hav my job sorted but i never got a contract off the boss. and i hav been told u need one to get a work permit but im gonna go to the turkish consulate and ask down there to find out exactly wot i would need to apply for 1

I've heard they dont give u a work permit when u r working in bars and or restaurants. So u have to work with out a permit, and i saw a lot of girls doing that this summer.
How ever if u get cought u get deported

**claire**

Super Moderator
To work legally, you do need a work permit, also i know british & Irish citizens can only stay for 3 mths (the visa that you pay for on entry into Turkey is only valid for 3 mths). The Turkish police are getting very strict on work permits as so many people hve been working illegally. from next summer even the holiday reps have to have work permits.

From what i have been told, if you do get caught & deported, you cannot visit Turkey again for 5 years!!!!

claire

Yep Claire your 100% correct however I also happen to know that if you do have a friend in the police force or you know a land owner in kusadasi there are ways around this by either getting them to talk on your behalf and getting an extension on the visa or by re applying for a new visa. It is possible but the government are trying to keep the jobs for the people as unemployment is high and the tourist season is the only time that they get to make money.

Sue from Dublin :wave:

**claire**

Super Moderator
Work permits law in Turkey

Foreigners in Turkey may work only at those jobs which are not prohibited to foreigners. Persons who intend to work in Turkey are required to obtain permission from the security authorities and to have this status registered in their residence permits. In some cases a separate work permit may also he issued. Turkish organizations or private individuals employing foreigners are required to submit a written report concerning the foreign employee and his work to the nearest police or gendarme station.

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
Brit & Irish girls have been working illegally in the restaurants and bars in Kusadasi for years. Unfortunately there have been some caught and deported, so it's not really worth the risk. Who would like to be banned from Turkey for 5 years?????
The turkish authorities will not give a work permit to a foreigner to do a job that a turkish person can do, which rules out bar & restaurant work.
Its not all fun when you have to work 10 hrs a day, 7 days a week during the summer. Not a lot of time to play plus the wages are cr*p.
If anyone's planning on coming over next year to work make sure you've got plenty of money to fall back on if things dont work out.

Ally

Working in Turkey

Hi All

Sorry we haven't been on line for a while, been busy with lots of stuff!

Re: Work Permits.

They are almost impossible to get. According to our accountant here there are only 5 types of permit that a foreigner is likely to get approval for and they include: singer, tour guide,civil engineer and two other obscure ones ı can't remember but I'll find out.

If you get caught working without a permit, first of all they will try and fine you (up to 3000ytl I'm told) you can also be deported for 5 years, and, have any assets you own in Turkey seized.Many people work illegally but please, be aware of the risk you are running by doing so.

Bear in mind that the person ''employing'' you illegally doesn't care whether you are deported or not, so don't rely on the word of your prospective employer-ask around and see if anyone has a permit for the kind of work you want to do.

As far as owning a business here is concerned, you can set one up easily, but, officially, you can't work! You have to employ a Turkish person as a kind of ''front man'' and he or she is the one who is seen to be working.

We were looking at buying a cafe/restaurant as Tony is a chef.We would have to employ a Turkish cook, and Tony would have to be either well behind the scenes or just ''covering'' for the cook to have a day off sick!!(LOL)

Obviously who you know and how good your connections are plays a part in all of this, but it is very, very frustrating, especially when, like us, you want to do things properly and not in an underhand fashion.

If anyone else has got more to add to this please do as we would like as much info as possible.

Ask questions and check,check and check again!

And Happy New Year to everyone!

Karen