Over The Counter Paınkıllers In Turkey

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
read on another forum that PONSTAN FORTE are very good all round paınkıllers here ın turkey and can be bought over the counter for 3-50lıra for 20 tablets--tryıng them at the moment and they seem ok--only takıng one at a tıme and they havnt made me drowsy lıke some others do---anyone else recommend good over the counter medıcatıon here ın turkey??

read on another forum that PONSTAN FORTE are very good all round paınkıllers here ın turkey and can be bought over the counter for 3-50lıra for 20 tablets--tryıng them at the moment and they seem ok--only takıng one at a tıme and they havnt made me drowsy lıke some others do---anyone else recommend good over the counter medıcatıon here ın turkey??

PONSTAN FORTE is an anti-inflammatory it inhibits prostoglandin; in doing this they are a good painkiller but they also damage the stomachs defence mechanisms which can lead to hidden bleeding or even stomach ulcers.

Mella

Administrator
Staff member
Blogger
I use Apranax fort, they are very effective, but strong so not to be taken too often for the reasons Elli stated.

joy

Sweet Yorkshire Rose
Vermidon as Michelle says is just paracetamol an is the safest analgesic for normal use if take as directed.

If anything stronger is needed you need medical/ pharmacist advice as most others can cause gastric ulceration or interact with other medication.

The Majestik tablet that Michelle mentions I find very good.......I call it the magic pill. lol
i used to take arcoxia not sure if i picked them up in turkey or not very strong and my chemist said they can be dangerous its nice to be able to get some of these otc drugs without have to pay a doctor but one has to be careful with some of these stronger medications the cure might be worse than the disease

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
I use Apranax fort, they are very effective, but strong so not to be taken too often for the reasons Elli stated.

Mella, there was big thing on the news a week or so ago about Apranax advising people never to hold them in their mouth for any time or to crunch them.

joy

Sweet Yorkshire Rose
Mella, there was big thing on the news a week or so ago about Apranax advising people never to hold them in their mouth for any time or to crunch them.
They also cause ulceration as they are a anti inflammatory as well ,I had a tooth abscess out there once and they where great for severe pain relief but should only be taken for a short time.
Dentist would tell you that.