Curry In Kusadasi

I agree with that..Magda..not a decent curry anywere in an around Kusadasi..go to pork lines buy a cook in sauce ..and cook yourself .(safe option).and save a fortune ,rather than a curry here that you would be disappointed with..too many wanabee so called chefs here...that hav,nt a clue ...

Yes and the chefs and Turkish ladies cook Turkish food so much better we dont even bother wth the sauces we use curry powder and spices easily available here add some yogurt or even a little milk or cream / delish...Tho must confess had a fab curry nr Fethiye Calis Beach?? yrs ago but thats not much help......

soh

Connoisseur
had a good curry a few years back,cannot remember what it was called but it was in a side street sort of opposite casablanca.had a prawn jalfrezie and brinjal bahji,very nice.the chef ,mr ali, was full of what he and his brother were going to do (we went the first week it opened in march).when we returned at the end of may it had closed-never found out why:cry:

Recipies
Curry pastes
method
Korma paste
2 cloves of garlic / a thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger / ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper / 1 teaspoon garam masala / ½ teaspoon sea salt / 2 tablespoons groundnut oil / 1 tablespoon tomato purée / 2 fresh green chillies / 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut / 2 tablespoons ground almonds / a small bunch of fresh coriander
Spices for toasting 2 teaspoons cumin seeds / 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
Jalfrezi paste
2 cloves of garlic / a thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger / 1 teaspoon turmeric /½teaspoon sea salt / 2 tablespoons groundnut oil / 2 tablespoons tomato purée / 1 fresh green chilli / a small bunch of fresh coriander
Spices for toasting 2 teaspoons cumin seeds / 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds / 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds / 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
Rogan josh paste
2 cloves of garlic / a thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger / 75g roasted peppers, from a jar / 1 tablespoon paprika / 1 teaspoon smoked paprika / 2 teaspoons garam masala / 1 teaspoon turmeric / ½ teaspoon sea salt / 2 tablespoons groundnut oil / 2 tablespoons tomato purée / 1 fresh red chilli / a small bunch of fresh coriander
Spices for toasting 2 teaspoons cumin seeds / 2 teaspoons coriander seeds / 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
Tikka masala paste
2 cloves of garlic / a thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger / 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper / 1 tablespoon smoked paprika / 2 teaspoons garam masala / ½ teaspoon sea salt / 2 tablespoons groundnut oil / 2 tablespoons tomato purée / 2 fresh red chillies / a small bunch of fresh coriander / 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut / 2 tablespoons ground almond

Spices for toasting 1 teaspoon cumin seeds / 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
Vindaloo paste
2 cloves of garlic / a thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger / 4 dried red chillies / 1 tablespoon turmeric / ½ teaspoon sea salt / 3 tablespoons groundnut oil / 2 tablespoons tomato purée / 2 fresh red chillies / a small bunch of fresh coriander
Spices for toasting 1 teaspoon black peppercorns / 4 cloves / 2 teaspoons coriander seeds / 2 teaspoons fennel
seeds / 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
To make any of the above curry pastes
First peel the garlic and ginger • Put a frying pan on a medium to high heat and add the spices for toasting to the dry pan • Lightly toast them for a few minutes until golden brown and smelling delicious, then remove the pan from the heat • Add the toasted spices to a pestle and mortar and grind until fine, or put them into a food processor and whiz to a powder • Either way, when you’ve ground them whiz the toasted spices in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients until you have a smooth paste

Hope this helps curry s taste much better when you make them yourself and you can but the ingredients from the spice shop.

there did used to be an excellent and authentic one on ladies beach ,but sadly closed down ..been to their evening buffets a couple of times in 2011, ..I think it was called Shah Jan..certainly the best Indian food I have had in Turkey..:thumbsup: :tup:

Well thats the lad off on yet another 3 day course this wk and 2 next. Not much cooking from yours truly til Weds. But the weather still lovely and hotter promised frm Weds so hopefully a quiet day at the beach for us Thursday :-D...

Must tell you a story about curry. I went to Victoria restaurant when they opened on Ladies beach about 2 years ago. They advertised a chicken massala on the menu but every time I've tried one in other places the sauce was watery so I asked them if they could do a creamy sauce for me. The meal arrived and the sauce was cream, yes, pure white cream straight out of the tub. Bl**dy heck. I gave up after that and now make my own :eek:

peril

Connoisseur
there did used to be an excellent and authentic one on ladies beach ,but sadly closed down ..been to their evening buffets a couple of times in 2011, ..I think it was called Shah Jan..certainly the best Indian food I have had in Turkey..:thumbsup: :tup:
Yes it was Shah Jan and it had really good food. You're right Jake -best Indian food I ever had in Turkey too. I think the answer is to make your own.
Lighten-up's list of pastes is super and should give excellent results - no excuse now for not making your own!