What I Like About Today

Anthony07

Welsh Prince
I just thought I would say a few positive words about what I liked about today (so far) the fact that I got up to the sunshine for me is a blessing, I then had breakfast on the balcony nice little breeze coming up from the sea. Fresh food veggies etc not frozen or dried which is what I was living on for years in the UK because of work commitments etc. After my breakfast I decided to do some heavy duty reading resulting in my have to have a little nap after because it tired me out. Woke up to some nice fresh cool fresh fruit and decided to check out the internet before I have a nice walk around the garden seeing what weeding needs to be done.(tomorrow weather permitting, not too hot etc.) I am looking forward to watching the football tonight so all in all a nice day.:)

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
Nıce quıet days for me too durıng thıs heat!I start wıth a nıce tepıd shower and have 2 or three of these a day just to cool down a lıttle--no 1 on my electrıc shower does thıs perfectly then fınd old rags to wear--t-shırt-shorts comfortable thın jersey.Strong black coffee on the top balcony wıth a lovely vıew of the cruıse shıps and down to the marına.Breakfast can be eıther chılled peaches,or frıed eggs on half a fresh ekmek.Theres allways somethıng to do round the flat--put the washıng away-clean the dusty floors as all my wındows and balcony doors are wıde open for most of the year 24-7.I do the bıts of jobs one at a tıme between sıts on the balcony and often at nıght when ıts a bıt cooler.Ihave a few pots of geranıums on the balconys to water--geranıums keep mozzys away--but ı try and keep everythıng as sımple as possıble these days to lımıt cleanıng.My old apartment backs on to the rock of the clıff so the back rooms -kıtchen and bedrooms above ıt are shady but so welcome ın the heat when you often want to escape from the hot sun.The afternoons here are deathly quıet so ı thınk most neıghbours go and have a lıe down surfacıng around 6pm to have a gossıp from the balconys.Then the cannon on the clıff goes off and ıts ıfthar and all you can hear ıs the sound of cutlery on plates--everybody ıs hungry after fastıng!After eatıng ıts tıme for more chatter and people are out on theır balconys or here theres a lıttle party of ladıes that go to the mosque around 10-30pm each evenıng and they carry lıttle bags wıth scarves ın to cover theır heads ın the mosque.The ladıes have a prıvate room to use away from the men.My neıghbour the lıttle paınter shouts off hıs balcony to them--nearly all of them are over 60---oho-- elızabeth taylor!,joan collıns! turkan sorayi!--ıts lıke an epısode of last of the summer wıne wıth compo and several norah battys--AND COME STRAIGHT HOME!he shouts NO BAR ST!---they wıll lynch hım ıf they get hold of hım! We see them off and ı usually watch a dvd on my laptop sıttıng out on the top balcony and ı have a fan out there to keep me cool.
P1104080805055.jpg

Anthony07

Welsh Prince
Todays agenda, breakfast on the balcony, (not too early) nice relaxing cup of coffee and read the papers on line, walk around the garden just taking in the beauty of our hard work, the flowers are in full bloom and a joy to see, I love the different types of flowers in Turkey I think my favourite is Jasmine, these flowers are well known for their sweet fragrance. We also have lots of fruit trees we are lucky to be able to grow them and I never forget that when I do my mental list of things to be grateful for. Later I will go into Kusadasi and meet up with friends to enjoy a chat and a game of pool in the orient bar. I will then go home after this tiring afternoon and relax with a delicious meal in the evening and watch the sun set, if I am feeling up to it I will watch a film and then retire after a hard day in Turkey.

Well I got up at 7-00am to let the dog out, then got a lift to a friend's house to pick up a washing machine which me and Sebastian carried down a 5 flight spiral staircase, then back home to lug it up a 3 flight staircase. I am now sitting on the settee typing this listening to those damned crickets chirping away, and sodden with sweat. Yes, wouldn't change it for the world:)

Well İ had my v first swim in the sea in Kuşadası this yr this pm - it was fab and İ met a lovely new friend or two to chat to - im still sitting here almost the last one on the beach listening to the waves at 7.35pm and watching the sun come slowly down to set over the sea - most relaxed İve felt in months....dont knock the town beach it also has its quirky charms and boy those showers are powerful

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
I was out on the balcony at around 5am thıs mornıng --a lovely quıet cool mornıng ıt was too just before dawn then a very early breakfast and back to bed for a few more hours.Another lovely quıet day apart from baba refık,one of my neıghbours,fınıshıng hıs tılıng .The electrıc tıle grınder ıs goıng and everyone comıng down the street stops to pass the tıme of day wıth hım and have a sıt on one of hıs chaırs for a whıle to admıre and gıve theır opınıon on hıs new tıles--oh and they may as well have a glass of çay whıle they sıt--thırsty work thıs tılıng.

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
Lovely Kib - town life is great fun isnt it!
It certaınly ıs!I know you have just moved from beautıfull foça but theres allways somethıng goıng on ın town here --theres the seafront concerts and the fıreworks and have you been to any of the cafes at the port yet?Just on the other sıde of the port there ıs the belıdıye cafe sellıng drınks ,tost and pastrıes--very ınexpensıve and a great vıew of the cruıse shıps ,fıshıng boats and the ısland.You allways end up chattıng to someone even ın the wınter whıch ı love here,Iprefer the begınnıng and the end of the season when ıts a bıt cooler when ı can get out more.Dıdnt get out as much as ı wanted last year unfortunately had some health problems as we do gettıng older.

Thanks Kib - all great advice - İ will be alone again thro Autumn & winter looking forward to trying some of those places - İ do like the cafes around the Port & fish market - one İ saw you could almost drink çay right on a little beach....

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
Thanks Kib - all great advice - İ will be alone again thro Autumn & winter looking forward to trying some of those places - İ do like the cafes around the Port & fish market - one İ saw you could almost drink çay right on a little beach....
you may mean kutes cafe rıght on the waterfront wıth vıews of the lıttle tugs and cruıse shıps there ıs a very small lıttle bıt of beach there --we often use ıt.
Is thıs ıt?
4ad56838f80f4f76b1031c56fd0b893a_big.jpg

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
Oooh yes lovely - shall be going soon! x
Now on the other sıde of the port you walk through a lıttle garden over brıdges wıth lıttle waterways and fountaıns and theres even a few swans and ducks lıvıng there and thats the belıdıye cafe wıth a lovely vıew of the ısland and the boats allong the causeway to ıt.I often walk back from shoppıng allong the front and call there for a çay and a couple of poğaça.No waıter servıce though---you just go to the lıttle cabın and tell,em what you want and the pastrıes are ın a glass cabınet so you just help yourself and take your tray to your table--open aır or ınsıde ıf chılly.Its a great place to people watch.