What I Like About Today

Well we've been rattling around lake Garda having attended our wedding which went of very well. We managed to get lost a few times but as the late Keith floyd would say we made a few new chums! We also managed to have one of the most bizarre experiences the night of the second wedding do - it was a three day event. As it was an Irish wedding there was a lot of carousing, singing and the playing of that most portable of musical instruments- the tin whistle. It went on very late - and we set off to walk back to our apartment and stopped for a breather at the bus station. We were admiring the view as you do, when a little girl bleeding profusely and copiously appeared from nowhere pleading for help. The first thing I did was to control the bleeding while himself and I half carried her across the square to an ambulance station we'd noticed before. She was German and told me that she'd already tried there but got no answer. I told himself to get an answer or knock the door down - and just before he got an answer I noticed we'd been joined by what I can only describe as a sleaze ball- Italian. In the light I was able to see she had the handle of a large glass embedded in her hand and the tendons were cut and she'd no movement in three of her fingers. When the door opened we carried her in accompanied by the sleaze ball - and I noticed she was cringing every time he came near her.
I explained what the problem was to what appeared to be the boss who spoke very good English - he didn't want to know and started pushing and shoving us to get out and take her with us. Well I couldn't believe what was happening. To the pushing and shoving were added a few roars ( mostly from me I admit!) and eventually one guy deigned to look at her hand - and bandaged her up and all the while the boss is pushing shoving and trying to get us out. Eventually after about 20 minutes he agreed to take her to hospital - and mr sleaze ball decides to go with her! She asked would I bring her to the loo and when she did she told me he'd done that to her hand she did not want him near her and definitely not in the ambulance - she was afraid of him and then I looked at her eyes - high as a kite- he'd given her something which made her dizzy she says and then jumped on her and when she resisted he hit at her with a glass and she put up her hand to ward of the blow.
Well when we went back out and I told the boss that sleaze ball wasn't going anywhere with her and that he was the one who'd injured her all hell broke loose and it was another 20 minutes before I got that sorted. We were ignominiously thrown out and the station locked up before I realised my bag was inside. Two and a half hours we waited during which time mr sleaze ball came back for round two with reinforcements! To make a long story short we dispatched the reinforcements- I told him I was waiting for the police- why incidentally is there never one around when you want one? When the paramedics arrived back the boss was so pleased to see me he kicked me in the backside - did wonders for my sciatica threw my bag at me and told us to get lost! Discretion took over - 5 burly paramedics and two of us didn't stack up and I'd no desire to wake up in hospital!
I have no idea why they were so reluctant to help the girl - she was only 19 badly hurt in a foreign country and in urgent need of a hospital - I've never known anything like it and I've had many odd experiences over the years.

Last edited:

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
Thats a horrendous tale perıl!! What the hell ıs goıng on??

Market not too bad as theres a lovely breeze blowıng--all ı want tonıght ıs a plate of chıps and ıve made some barbecue sauce to dıp ,em ın--just tomato ketchup and a bıt of curry powder for quıckness!

Thats a horrendous tale perıl!! What the hell ıs goıng on??

Market not too bad as theres a lovely breeze blowıng--all ı want tonıght ıs a plate of chıps and ıve made some barbecue sauce to dıp ,em ın--just tomato ketchup and a bıt of curry powder for quıckness!
If someone told me that story KiB I'd be looking at them but unfortunately it's all true and I have the bruises to prove it and the ruined frock - but that will wash and the bruises will fade - that little girls nightmares are just beginning. It's massively hot and humid here on our last night and himself is, as he'd say himself, being let out on his own to the shops. I'm packing and wondering how I crammed all these clothes in when we were coming over! It'll be a pasta dinner tonight I think with some nice parmagiana and a green salad - oh and lashings of wine- I'm not carrying it home!

Oh it is SS- which is why this was such a bizarre incident. Most of the Italian people we met there were lovely- kind and welcoming. We had spent five days in Verona first and the people couldn't be nicer - it was just the paramedics in Garda and their attitudes and behaviour that were outlandish, and their refusal to treat an injured young woman was unbelievable, regardless of anything else.

I don't think there's any set time between one visa and the next- what the immigratation police check is the 90 days in 180- they aren't pushed about the visa or the dates other than that you have one. I'm going to have a big problem in September- apparently I wasn't entered as leaving the country last November - so even though I've been in and out twice since, I've been told there is s problem which will affect me next time I return- all bureaucratic but a big problem none the less!

I don't think there's any set time between one visa and the next- what the immigratation police check is the 90 days in 180- they aren't pushed about the visa or the dates other than that you have one. I'm going to have a big problem in September- apparently I wasn't entered as leaving the country last November - so even though I've been in and out twice since, I've been told there is s problem which will affect me next time I return- all bureaucratic but a big problem none the less!
Thanks for that Peril,
Surely they will see that you must have come out if you have entered and gone out several times since November or is that overlooked ? Bureaucracy gone mad ?? Are you the invisible man?? This oversight has to be their fault?? Can you contact the Turkish Embassy to enquire about it?

I was damn bloody lucky to leave in June - a very officious immigration policeman held me back while he attempted to check me out- he could see all my trips for the last five years ( including us arriving and leaving in May for a week and finally returning mid June but whereas himself is shown as leaving Turkey last November - I'm not - and at that time there was a big problem then with us allegedly overstaying our 90 days in 180, leaving us with a fine to be paid before we could leave. We had visas covering different periods of travel - but that didn't matter- they told us the visa dates were irrelevant -they based everything on the first day of entry in twelve month period and the last day of exit- if in that time you have stayed more than 90 days you are fined and reprimanded before leaving. We had two visas and in each period had not exceeded 90 days but that was irrelevant- from the first entry date to the last exit date covered more than 90 days in a 180 day period even though covered by two different visa periods. My Turkish sil has said that he finds the embassy in Dublin to be very unhelpful- but I may pay them a visit and see what happens - bureaucracy gone mad!

Gary, How soon after your visa has expired can you purchase a new one? Do you know?
hi sexyshirl I was looking at the website with the tourist visa which ive got it says it only allows you 90 full days into turkey out of every 180 days , meaning you cannot vist turkey again for another 90 days , sounds very confusing to me , hope that's a help sexyshirl :thumbsup: :tup:

hi sexyshirl I was looking at the website with the tourist visa which ive got it says it only allows you 90 full days into turkey out of every 180 days , meaning you cannot vist turkey again for another 90 days , sounds very confusing to me , hope that's a help sexyshirl :thumbsup: :tup:
Thanks for that Gary I did think this was the case .. think I will have to get my residency permit on the go ....then there will be no worries

But the ninety days start on the day enter Turkey - so if you have a visa for a few months before you actually use it to enter Turkey and then stay for a few months but want to return again and purchase s new visa to cover the extra period- even though your visa is valid you may not be legally in the country because you 180 day period starts the day you enter the country not the date of the start of your visa. So if you weren't confused before I'll bet you are now!