Turkish Course In Kusadasi?

During the last few winters the Belidiye has provided a free Turkish lessons to expats.
The lessons were at the Belidiye learning center just down from Koctas opposite Migros next to the Main coach station dolmas terminus.
The building has a pointed roof and was supposed to be a fish market but never happened.
The only downside was the lessons were 4pm to 6pm 5 days a week.
Hopefully this winter they maybe in the mornings 2 or 3 times a week, at a good time to give older expats a chance of remembering this year :)

I hope they will be doing them in February when we arrive.

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit late to this conversation and am wondering if there are still classes going on in Kusadasi? Ideally I would like full time lessons, 5 days a week. Does anyone know if there is a school in town or should I go to Izmir?

I am not a school or teacher. Maybe I can help a few persons when I have free time. I don't want money. If they wish they may buy me a cup of coffee. It will help us if you bring your language books, dictionaries, test booklets and similar things as I don't have such materials. Previously in the university, I gave private lessons on Math, Stats and Economics in English. I have no experience in teaching Turkish. I am a native Turkish speaker and have spoken English since 20 years. If you can't find any better alternative I can help a few people,2-3 or 4, as a last resort :)

It depends :) I will use whatever they like most :) I am joking. I am not nervous. Instead, I am polite and respectful.

Thomas, if you are interested I can help you in learning Turkish. I don't prefer to use my apartment. Because my furnitures, etc. are old. I am not rich enough :) However the apartment itself is nice and big enough. I pay a little more rent than the average. If you know a silent place we can meet there, preferably in the city center, or anywhere you wish if you and your friends are willing to pay my minibus ticket, it should be 2 lira for 1 way. I won't count how many hours we will study. I think after 2-3 hours learning productivity decreases. A few hours a day, 2-3 or 4 days a week should be enough. If the students don't get bored and if I have time, we can study for long hours. I will teach based on your books. Therefore you must have some language books. If you don't know anything in Turkish try to find and buy a Turkish language book for your level of expertise. Also it will be better if all the students know similar level of Turkish. But it's not very important. Oh I almost forgot to mention, I smoke. Smoking must be permitted in the place that you choose.

Thanks for the offer Redwine but I'm far away from Kushadasi and still have to work rotation overseas, so "distance & time are my enemy". I'll just have to plug away with my pigeon Turkish until the time allows me to relax here more, like some of the many lucky residents on this wonderful site.

Take it easy on the cigs- they are not always good for ones health..!

I give up smoking from time to time then somehow I start again. I want to give it up soon. You are welcome. You can try to learn it yourself. Buy grammar books and dictionary, use internet, watch Turkish TV channels, read Turkish newspaper and try to talk in Turkish. One can learn almost anything from books without teachers and schools. Only enough amount of motivation is needed.

Hi all, my wife took turkish lessons and they are making every 2 months. Organization named "Halk Egitim", they belong to government. They are not enough to teach everything, but its good start.

And we are making videos about life in turkey, in kusadası. You can check out one of our videos :

As I'm now living permanently in Kuşadası I'd appreciate it if anyone would advise the current situation re available Turkish lessons near the centre.
Many thanks, Tony

Hi all,
If you are interested in Turkish Lessons, Halk Egitim (government) is openning new course for foreigners. It's second level, if you have a little knowledge about turkish, you can apply, they will start soon.
If you want any further information, let me know so we can contact or give the adress and phone number of school.

Hi all,
If you are interested in Turkish Lessons, Halk Egitim (government) is openning new course for foreigners. It's second level, if you have a little knowledge about turkish, you can apply, they will start soon.
If you want any further information, let me know so we can contact or give the adress and phone number of school.

Hello everybody,

I see these messages are from 2014 and i an wondering if someone still knows any language schools in kusadasi. Im am in kusadasi at the moment and i would like to take sone lessons. I am orginally from the netherlands but i cannot find any dutch language schools so english is the next best thing. I hope you can help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Tülay Yücesan

Hi all,

Hello I know this was posted a long time ago but I was wondering if they still have these classes? I am currently living in kuşadasi and know basic turkish but would love to learn more! Thanks!