New Aydem (electric) Office

Getting peed off with Aydem.we are in Cyprus for a couple of months.we have a freind checking our Kusadasi house now and again..got a call yesterday from them saying the electric was closed..a similar thing happened about 6 weeks ago..i checked with HSBC if payments were made from my account..they were paid ..tried to phone Aydem with no answer..my betchi reconected it for me..so far i have lost a small fortune on food in my freezers..not to mention my flight back on Sunday .to go to Aydem on Monday.. We are seriously thinking about selling up in Turkey..had enough..

peril

Connoisseur
Now you’re frightening me Jake. We’re heading home for 10 weeks and then back and for the first time are leaving the fridge on- now I don’t have a huge amount in the freezer but the thoughts of coming back to a house filled with the stench of rotting food is not appealing. Our bills are looked after by the citizens advice and they did say that the system had changed and new numbers were issued but we covered that base. It appears Aydem made a change didn’t tell people and even though bills were paid it wasn’t to the correct account. Big mess really. Maybe I’ll just disconnect as usual!

soh

Connoisseur
our electric is also sorted by citizens advice and no problems with the supply when we arrived on Sunday.however i think we would just worry if I left the fridge/freezer on for more than a few days away. try to run it down in the last week and give anything left over to the neighbours

It turns out after all HSBC never paid 2 standing orders .i will be having a few choice words with them on Monday before closing that account..

peril

Connoisseur
It turns out after all HSBC never paid 2 standing orders .i will be having a few choice words with them on Monday before closing that account..
Not good enough Jake - I’d be less than impressed with that. All your hard work ruined because of the bank’s inefficiency.

soh

Connoisseur
give them copies of all your expense receipts, photos of the spoilt food and add the same again to the total for your time and worry. if you get the usual shrug of the shoulders and weak apology go see a lawyer. on a different but more (potentially) costly affair 2 years ago we did that and my what a difference in attitude from those at fault.

peril

Connoisseur
I think i am down around 1.700 Tl between lost food return.flight 600 tl .taxis 600 tl..will see what HSBC will say about that tomorrow..
How did you get on with HSBC Jake? Any joy in getting your expenses defrayed for their making a monumental mistake?

HSBC says Aydem was not sending them my monthly bill..so thats the reason it was.nt paid apparently..i have aTurkish freind looking into it today Peril..recently seen on Facebook Under Aydems new rules your electric will be cut off if not paid after 2 months..so a bit worrying for people in Turkey ..with holidays homes and only come x ammount of times a year ..x

peril

Connoisseur
That’s a bit of a bummer then - not your fault but a cockup between Aydem and HSBC leaves you with ruined food and a bill to rectify matters. We left only our fridge freezer on with citizens advice paying the bills - if they don’t send them we’re sunk as we’re not back until September. Not much in the freezer - we were just trying it out but if we’re cut off I’ll go mad! Nothing worse than arriving late to no electricity.

soh

Connoisseur
That’s a bit of a bummer then - not your fault but a cockup between Aydem and HSBC leaves you with ruined food and a bill to rectify matters. We left only our fridge freezer on with citizens advice paying the bills - if they don’t send them we’re sunk as we’re not back until September. Not much in the freezer - we were just trying it out but if we’re cut off I’ll go mad! Nothing worse than arriving late to no electricity.
happened to us a couple of years ago, got here at 22.30 on a saturday to find no electric due to an unpaid bill of 8tl (think it was 3 to £). lucky to have a good neighbour who hooked our regulator up to his power supply until we could get it sorted.

peril

Connoisseur
happened to us a couple of years ago, got here at 22.30 on a saturday to find no electric due to an unpaid bill of 8tl (think it was 3 to £). lucky to have a good neighbour who hooked our regulator up to his power supply until we could get it sorted.
Our nearest and dearest neighbor would dearly love to hook us up to his electricity supply- by our big toes( or any other accessible areas!)! You are so lucky. Has happened us in the past many times - nothing worse when you arrive hot and sweaty and can’t accrs fan or air conditioning, cool water or indeed any water!

soh

Connoisseur
Our nearest and dearest neighbor would dearly love to hook us up to his electricity supply- by our big toes( or any other accessible areas!)! You are so lucky. Has happened us in the past many times - nothing worse when you arrive hot and sweaty and can’t accrs fan or air conditioning, cool water or indeed any water!
guess we are lucky, got good neighbours both sides of us, just been given tomatoes, cucumber and peppers from one and a plate of hot food from the others when we arrived 3 weeks ago. the people at the end of our road are also always very friendly and welcoming. there is one guy, unfortunately the site accountant, but even he only tries to ignore us if he can. to the point of turning his head away when he cycles past our home to avoid my cheery gunaydin:ROFLMAO:

Is it true that you cannot leave your key with neighbours if you are not in Turkey ( kusadasi) or let friends/ family stay if you are not staying in you home? We have been told it’s a new law and no one can stay unless owners are with them?
Thank you.

soh

Connoisseur
is this for real???? Can I not let my step-son and his partner or my nephew stay for free unless I'm there? better tell him to start looking for a hotel.

No problem, your family & friends can stay for free at your place, just as long as they are registered. Government wants to know where people who officially entered the country on a visa are staying, they are registered at hotels, B&Bs, Campings and now they must be registered at private addresses too. But check first with the relevant authority in Kuşadasi.

Aware

According to some district Police & Jandarma (depending on which city you live in) If the property is rented to family or friends without any commercial interest then you are not required to inform the authorities via the GIYKIMBIL System.

However, you should be aware that if an incident was to occur at the property (without the owner being present) and the guests where not registered via the GİYKİMBİL system, this may cause issues for the home owner.

We suggest you check with your local authority as this information is not consistent throughout the major cities in Turkey. 
Or if you prefer to register every guest regardless of whether or not they are paying, you may do so.