New Aydem (electric) Office

soh

Connoisseur
No problem, your family & friends can stay for free at your place, just as long as they are registered. Government wants to know where people who officially entered the country on a visa are staying, they are registered at hotels, B&Bs, Campings and now they must be registered at private addresses too. But check first with the relevant authority in Kuşadasi.
thanks for that, hope there isn't too much waiting around at the council offices had a bellyful of Turkish bureaucracy over the last 2 years.

Not having much luck with freezers this year..my wife is on a 4 day shopping Trip in Cyprus with 3 freinds..our electric went off at our house ..n.don.t know when..she had to throw all the food out from the freezer..and there was a lot..it was full of flies and maggots..my missus says the smell was unbearable..another lesson learned..switch the fridge freezer off when we. go back to turkey..

peril

Connoisseur
That’s rotten luck John-happened to us when someone unplugged the freezer by mistake and we went away in a wee’s trip to Kusadasi. We were met with the most awful stench at the front gate on our return. Everything had to be thrown out and it took months to eradicate the smell from the freezer and from he shed it was in.

Not having much luck with freezers this year..my wife is on a 4 day shopping Trip in Cyprus with 3 freinds..our electric went off at our house ..n.don.t know when..she had to throw all the food out from the freezer..and there was a lot..it was full of flies and maggots..my missus says the smell was unbearable..another lesson learned..switch the fridge freezer off when we. go back to turkey..
Same thing happened to us a couple of years back. As we were back and forth every month or so, we always left the electricity on, with freezer full of food and usual stuff in the fridge.. However, due to events, a planned trip did not happen, and it was a 3 month gap between visits. When we opened the front door we were hit with the most awful putrid smell. It would seem that there had been a power cut shortly after we had last left the house, and when power was restored, the surge had tripped out our electric supply, and so the electricity did not come back on again. We were able to work this out from the meter readings, as we always read the meter before we leave. Thank goodness it had been over the winter months. If it had been the summer, I think we would have had to move out of the house. All possible doors and windows were left open to combat the smell. There were several bin bags of food thrown away fish, fruit, meat etc, as well as plastic food containers etc. The fridge/ freezer was a complete mess, we actually thought about buying anew one, it was so bad. As Peril says it takes months to eradicate the smell and we were loath to use the fridge /freezer during that time- very inconvenient. Needless to say , we now always clear the fridge / freezer when we leave, and switch off the electricity from the mains. Annoying that I no longer have a well stocked freezer, but a small price to pay. Although I have been known to leave a carton of ice cream on the kitchen worktop (lid off), after clearing out the freezer before we left and forgetting it was there. That smell was also quite interesting, but nothing compared to a defrosted freezer full of food.

For the last ten years we have also switched off our water every time we leave ( but had never thought about the electricity until the "freezer incident"). Prior to that, we always left it on. At the time we were both still working, so trips to Kus were not so frequent. We arrived one day to find our water turned off, and a bill for about 1400ytl, about £500 at that time, for 400 units. As we had only used about 50 units is the previous 5 years, we were stunned, but all was soon explained when our Bekci turned up to tell us that he had had to turn our water off, as there had been a leak from the mains feeder pipe to the solar system on our roof, and the water had been spraying everywhere like a fountain. As it was out of season, there were few people about, and it had not been noticed for some time, hence the high volume of units lost. We were just thankful it had been spotted and turned off. That trip was a very expensive one , as we not only had to pay the water bill, but ended up having to replace our solar water system.

All in all expensive lessons to learn to switch things off when you leave.

Same thing happened to us a couple of years back. As we were back and forth every month or so, we always left the electricity on, with freezer full of food and usual stuff in the fridge.. However, due to events, a planned trip did not happen, and it was a 3 month gap between visits. When we opened the front door we were hit with the most awful putrid smell. It would seem that there had been a power cut shortly after we had last left the house, and when power was restored, the surge had tripped out our electric supply, and so the electricity did not come back on again. We were able to work this out from the meter readings, as we always read the meter before we leave. Thank goodness it had been over the winter months. If it had been the summer, I think we would have had to move out of the house. All possible doors and windows were left open to combat the smell. There were several bin bags of food thrown away fish, fruit, meat etc, as well as plastic food containers etc. The fridge/ freezer was a complete mess, we actually thought about buying anew one, it was so bad. As Peril says it takes months to eradicate the smell and we were loath to use the fridge /freezer during that time- very inconvenient. Needless to say , we now always clear the fridge / freezer when we leave, and switch off the electricity from the mains. Annoying that I no longer have a well stocked freezer, but a small price to pay. Although I have been known to leave a carton of ice cream on the kitchen worktop (lid off), after clearing out the freezer before we left and forgetting it was there. That smell was also quite interesting, but nothing compared to a defrosted freezer full of food.

For the last ten years we have also switched off our water every time we leave ( but had never thought about the electricity until the "freezer incident"). Prior to that, we always left it on. At the time we were both still working, so trips to Kus were not so frequent. We arrived one day to find our water turned off, and a bill for about 1400ytl, about £500 at that time, for 400 units. As we had only used about 50 units is the previous 5 years, we were stunned, but all was soon explained when our Bekci turned up to tell us that he had had to turn our water off, as there had been a leak from the mains feeder pipe to the solar system on our roof, and the water had been spraying everywhere like a fountain. As it was out of season, there were few people about, and it had not been noticed for some time, hence the high volume of units lost. We were just thankful it had been spotted and turned off. That trip was a very expensive one , as we not only had to pay the water bill, but ended up having to replace our solar water system.

All in all expensive lessons to learn to switch things off when you leave.

Good advice..thankyou for your post..