Restaurant Pick Up / Taxi

Hi there,

I'm coming over on Saturday (can't wait!) and was just wondering whether the restaurants still offer a pick up service?

We stayed at Kusadasi Gold & Spa resort two years ago, and are staying there again this time. Last time, we organised for a couple of restaurants to pick us up before our evening meal - I think Somewhere Else did it and maybe Golden Boys? Does anyone know if they still do this service? Do they add a charge on to your bill or anything? I can't remember!

Otherwise, any recommendations of good and reliable taxi services would be great. We're hiring a car but both want a few drinks with our evening meal so driving is out of the question!

Thanks in advance.

SomeWhere Else has stopped this service (or had when we went last time). Saray and Yucca still offer the service but not the wonderful traditional food.

+-9.50TL for cans of Guinness at Migros - a bit more expensive than Tesco's but hey ho, you only live once, so you just have to do it !
The exchanges rates have never been better

soh

Connoisseur
9tl, not to bad (for that place) less than £2.50 at today rate
good god,where do you usually drink???:eek:. dont mind paying 9 at a beachside cafe but in the centre in a place copied many times over that are charging 5.75 (kalyon), 7 (casscade), or mr moons at 7.5 i know where i will have a pint,or two, and sorry kim but its not with you.

Kalyon 5.75 fair play but its that in the shops nearly!!!
They make their money on meals..İ love Lisa Cocktail Bar nr the Kervansaray...pricey but worth the location and banter from the lovely staff...

good god,where do you usually drink???:eek:. dont mind paying 9 at a beachside cafe but in the centre in a place copied many times over that are charging 5.75 (kalyon), 7 (casscade), or mr moons at 7.5 i know where i will have a pint,or two, and sorry kim but its not with you.
Where is kalyon?

We go to Casablanca and we are residents here, Kim always offers us a lift home, we never need to ask and as Kastamonu says at today's exchange roughly £2 for a large bottle of beer, can't complain.

soh

Connoisseur
think i opened a can of worms:sick:. but whatever the exchange rate i still think 9tl is on the high side for its situation.as i said previous there are many other restaurants,some of whom offer a lift, that are well below 9.sorry if i upset anyone but as a customer of centrum restaurants i was just expressing an opinion and my right to spend my money as and where i see fit. as it happens i passed casssablanca last night and it seemed pretty full so i guess my comment hasn't ruined them:smile:.

I think its a bit of a historic thing with regulars to Kus, i remember the old days of "million" Lira, getting a Effes for under 1.25TL, these things stick in our minds and we tend to take advantage of the extra spend when the Lira goes crazy and look on in horror at current prices of booze, dont forget also, the goverment are taxing alchohol and tobbaco much more nowadays.

soh

Connoisseur
Imagine asking a bar or restaurant in the UK or Ireland to pick you up & take you home - isn't it amazing what is taken for granted here !!
would probably be more common if there were not so many legal and council rules to comply with in the u.k. where we used to live a local but out of town bar/nightclub used to offer a regular minibus service until 2am,the driver had to be p.s.v holderand the club had to apply and be granted a "fixed omnibus route" by the county council for fixed drop points only.if they did door to door they had to apply for a taxi licence and employ a licenced taxi driver. and of course all the public liability and motor insurances that go with it