Wages in Turkey

Hi all
Can we have a chat about the wages over in turkey now don,t get me wrong
I say a fair days pay for a fair days work but tonight i was told a builder gets 62 euro a week in kusadasi is that the throught :(

Hold on i think this is BAD very bad and i dont get my nails done 62 euro a week is an insult to any man over there when we go and spend 1000s in a few weeks

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
Hi Carpenter

The mininum wage here in Turkey is around 427ytl per month (less than 300€), but very few business`s even pay that much; although some people get more. İ pay my babyminder 150ytl per week plus give her 10ytl per day for her bus fares to and from Soke which works out around 800ytl per month
A labourer/tiler/plumber etc get an average 25-30ytl per day; İ think this also depends on what area of the country they live.

No handouts from the government means if you dont work you dont eat. Not
everything is dirt cheap out here so its hard for people.

Alison

deanlo

Forum Legend
I knew the wages were low but that is low,was wondering what to pay the gardener in our complex when he planted 2 trees for me gave him 20ytl (actually it was all the cash I had on me)I was worried that wasnt enough he must have been pleased but it was well worth that to me,

Dean

:friends:
Umit said:
at least i am saying a truth. and i said "some Turkish guys".
:friends:

People marry for all kinds of reasons. Know one takes issue when 40 something men go for mail order brides from Russia or come home with a Thai wife. But when men marry for money...wow big fuss. ;)

Yeah it sounds pretty tough Andrea. :(
I was wondering what is income tax like for the average worker in Turkey? How much is v.a.t? Do Turks pay for daycare, school, higher education, hospital and nursing homes or is it provided by the state?

Here it is 50 pct on average and 25 pct V.A.T plus tax on everything else it seems. So much of it is hidden tax.

ally

Rose of Kusadasi
Hephaestion said:
:friends::friends:

People marry for all kinds of reasons. Know one takes issue when 40 something men go for mail order brides from Russia or come home with a Thai wife. But when men marry for money...wow big fuss. ;)

Yeah it sounds pretty tough Andrea. :(
I was wondering what is income tax like for the average worker in Turkey? How much is v.a.t? Do Turks pay for daycare, school, higher education, hospital and nursing homes or is it provided by the state?

Here it is 50 pct on average and 25 pct V.A.T plus tax on everything else it seems. So much of it is hidden tax.

Hi Heph

As far as İm aware there is a sort of income tax but dont know what the percentage is. Some people pay İnsurance out of their wages (that is decided between the employer and employee) some people dont. To think that a lot of families in Turkey are feeding 8, 10, 12 kids on that money, it makes you think doesnt it.
Regarding schools, state school education is free although a lot of the schools take an "illegal" registration fee. Some people just cant afford to pay it so subsequently the child cant go to school. Everything a child needs for school is bought by the parent; text books, exercises books, pencils, paints, glue, scissors, cellotape (!) etc.

Alison

It has gotten a lot more exspensive down there. Even the supermarkets - a lot of stuff is cheaper here. Even Turkish imports.

Hi Heph

As far as İm aware there is a sort of income tax but dont know what the percentage is. Some people pay İnsurance out of their wages (that is decided between the employer and employee) some people dont. To think that a lot of families in Turkey are feeding 8, 10, 12 kids on that money, it makes you think doesnt it.
Regarding schools, state school education is free although a lot of the schools take an "illegal" registration fee. Some people just cant afford to pay it so subsequently the child cant go to school. Everything a child needs for school is bought by the parent; text books, exercises books, pencils, paints, glue, scissors, cellotape (!) etc.

Alison
I can´t even begin to imagine how they make ends meet. :( Puts things into perspective.