Knitting Wool

Can any of you ladies tell me were to buy knitting wool in Kusadasi. I know of two shops, one near The Salt Box, the other near were the dolmus stops in town, are there any others. AND is all Turkish wool of such a poor standard, even double knitting goes from almost Aran thickness to 2ply throughout the 100gram ball. Thanks

In town around the corner from the Gurmar supermarket.and one of the walk ways pass the Belediye .
I've used the one behind Gurmar but not the one by the Belediye, will give it a try. The quality of the yarn is awful keep getting mid way through a row and having to unpick it because the yarn has got so thin, never had so many joins. Thank you for your help.

I have had the same problem,bought wool from a few different places but quality all seems the same , you start off with double knit and end up with four ply

I have had the same problem,bought wool from a few different places but quality all seems the same , you start off with double knit and end up with four ply
I've even tried re~winding it, because l thought it was wound to tight, which helped a bit. It's most annoying

Not sure where you can buy it in Kusadasi but Alize is a good Turkish brand. A lot of the yarn is pure synthetic but Alize do one which is 25% wool and it knits up well as Aran. Well, it does for me! Some of the Snako is good as well (I found a pure wool yarn from them). Mostly, though try Tire (there's a big stall on the market which sells lots of seconds) or Izmir where there are plenty of excellent yarn shops!

Or, if you come to Selcuk for market, there are three excellent yarn shops in town.

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
the lıra shop next door to gossıps cafe has lots of wool at the back of the shop on the rıght hand sıde---ıve seen lots of turkısh women buyıng ıt

There's also one which had some thicker wools last time i went... an old big shop with tonnes of wools. After bureau de change on left side of belediye, turn left and you'll see "fincan ev yemekleri" on your left (between 12 and 2pm she has lovely fresh homemade turkish food). Keep walking another 20 meters and it's on the same side, on your left. The other shop which is located across from the back door of the herbalists on the right side of the belediye, tends to have a lot of thinner wools. I must say though, don't expect modern trendy wools we're spoiled with in uk. I haven't found anywhere in kuş.

There's also one which had some thicker wools last time i went... an old big shop with tonnes of wools. After bureau de change on left side of belediye, turn left and you'll see "fincan ev yemekleri" on your left (between 12 and 2pm she has lovely fresh homemade turkish food). Keep walking another 20 meters and it's on the same side, on your left. The other shop which is located across from the back door of the herbalists on the right side of the belediye, tends to have a lot of thinner wools. I must say though, don't expect modern trendy wools we're spoiled with in uk. I haven't found anywhere in kuş.
But the yarn here is so much cheaper! And a lot of it is very high quality. In Izmir and Tire you can get 'seconds' of those trendy yarns - if you keep your eyes open. Yes, those are 'seconds' and do have thin bits etc.... But a fraction of the cost.

peril

Connoisseur
the lıra shop next door to gossıps cafe has lots of wool at the back of the shop on the rıght hand sıde---ıve seen lots of turkısh women buyıng ıt
And it has shed load of wool still- saw it yesterday evening, know nothing about the quality though.

Can any of you ladies tell me were to buy knitting wool in Kusadasi. I know of two shops, one near The Salt Box, the other near were the dolmus stops in town, are there any others. AND is all Turkish wool of such a poor standard, even double knitting goes from almost Aran thickness to 2ply throughout the 100gram ball. Thanks
Hello I'm going to kusadasi in may can anybody tell me how many wool shops there are.

Hi can you tell me how many wool shops there are in kusadasi please