New Market

I have been following the information you have all posted about the new market now being open, though much smaller. However, I am wondering if the market is still on the same days as previously - Tue, Wed and Fri? If so, is there still separate markets ie textiles on Weds or is it all mixed together like at Soke and Davutlar?

kibris

Mancunian Crooner
ıts massıve but very grey,has a cafe on the underground level and does have toılet facıls but ı dont fınd ıt as pleasurable as the old street markets were and ıts now a case of gettın my stuff and gettın out of ıt--theres ıs a couple of pluses beıng that your undercover ın bad weather and ıf ı walk home ı can stop off at the bul bul restaurant opposıte the cemetary for lunch--ı lıke the bul bul--then ı can just meander back through town---not been on a wednesday yet.

Thank you, both. I will pop down soon though, like you, Kib I suspect I will not enjoy the experience any where as much as I did wandering around the street stalls. I have to be pleased for the local residents whose lives will no longer be disrupted but equally some shopkeepers will lose significant custom as a result.

never actually been ..i don,t suppose i ever will(as long as it lasts before the put these markets back to their original places..we are quite happy with our sunday market in Kusadasi .(.Ege Mah....) only about 16 stalls ..but serves our needs..with no stress and plenty of parking

deanlo

Forum Legend
never actually been ..i don,t suppose i ever will(as long as it lasts before the put these markets back to their original places..we are quite happy with our sunday market in Kusadasi .(.Ege Mah....) only about 16 stalls ..but serves our needs..with no stress and plenty of parking
.Ege Mah where is this Jon

At the back of the Izmir road Dean,Migro ,s just keep going up the hill you will soon find it,from your place get a 6 or 7 Dolmus,get of at the traffic lights on the Izmir road and cross over

peril

Connoisseur
If I only need a few bits of veg I too use Guramar- I find if you try to get just a few onions or peppers or whatever at the market they usually give them to you and won't take money - which makes me feel bad! Usually happens when I've run out of something just before we go home and I need it for the dinner or whatever- they have great quality veg better than Tansas or Migros or Sok or wherever.

I think the Ege mah is still operating on Sundays. If I just need a few veg I use Ğürmar in the centre always seems fresh and prices not much higher than the market and not such a shlap for me.
yes Gurmar always good quality..i would guess doing a roaring trade since friday market finished in town..too far for me unless walking around town,i have 2 migros close to me ,a small bit pricier..but so much better quality than the market ..

peril

Connoisseur
I don't know Jake I've usually had great quality products from the market and often found Migros dear and with indifferent vegetables - prefer the market for the bulk buying and the supermarkets for small amounts.
Anniebubble - I've tried buying 1/4 of a kilo of peppers - I've been handed them and the stall holder has refused the money. I always try and remember the stall for the next time I'm buying in bulk but can't be sure I get the right one.

Anniebubble

Ladies Beach's First Lady
I don't know Jake I've usually had great quality products from the market and often found Migros dear and with indifferent vegetables - prefer the market for the bulk buying and the supermarkets for small amounts.

Anniebubble - I've tried buying 1/4 of a kilo of peppers - I've been handed them and the stall holder has refused the money. I always try and remember the stall for the next time I'm buying in bulk but can't be sure I get the right one.

Market much better.

Yes we do the same try to remember who had been good to us and go back.