Seven Sages Winery & Restaurant Selcuk-camlik

I think this may have featured on the forum before but we only got round to visiting it recently

Seven Sages

This winery, restaurant and boutique hotel came together just six years ago. As the staff told me, the main aim was to go for quality rather than quantity with their wine products so they imported some of the vines from France and used a number of internationally recognised winemakers to agree and blend the grape types and vintages.
Based on the fact that Anatolia was one if not THE birthplace for wine making back in history and Selcuk was located in the area known as Iona, famous for its suitable soil, weather and of course sages ( philosophers ) some of the wines are named after the Seven Sages ( YEDİ BİLGELER ) hence The Seven Sages Winery
In addition to the wine shop the restaurant is in a beautiful setting and whilst there was only a few guests when I visited two weeks ago, the service, attention to detail and food was excellent. Surprisingly, for me, duck features quite a bit on the menu.
Whilst we didn't avail of the opportunity this time ( as we arrived quite late ) they do demonstrate all the workings of the wine production process and bottling before or after your meal - or even if you have just popped in for a bottle or two
To get there you can either go to Selcuk and head to Camlik, past the train museum, over the railway lines and you cannot miss the impressive entrance into Yedi Bilgeler on your left.
The handiest route from Kusadasi is out the Kusadasi- Aydin road until the Camlik - Kirazli junction. Take a right ( away from Camlik ) and Yedi Bilgeler is 150 meters on your left.
Recommended for a visit with or without a meal or even for some cheese and wine.

Attachments

deanlo

Forum Legend
This is a wonderful venue if anyone has eaten at Antepli in marina area the old waiter Veli is working at Yedi Bilgeler now we had a fantastic meal and a very reasonable bottle of their own red here.