Kings Place Restaurant

Hi everyone. I just thought I'd post that we had an absolutely amazing meal last night at Kings Place Restaurant. We intended to eat something traditionally Turkish, so wandered up passed the port towards bird island to see what's there. Kings Place looked traditional and has an amazing view of the ships and bird island. (The sunset was amazing). Its not like a posh touristy restaurant so we went in. We're soooo glad we did! The owner (Kaplan) was really friendly, speaks excellent English and suggested a "special kebab". This was really tasty and was served over a flame to keep it sizzling. My husband had a special pizza, which Kaplan cooked from scratch and it was fab. Away from the noise and hustle bustle of the main seafront, we had a great evening and the price was really good (much lower than on the main seafront). We'll definitely be visiting here many more times.

Attachments

deanlo

Forum Legend
Hi everyone. I just thought I'd post that we had an absolutely amazing meal last night at Kings Place Restaurant. We intended to eat something traditionally Turkish, so wandered up passed the port towards bird island to see what's there. Kings Place looked traditional and has an amazing view of the ships and bird island. (The sunset was amazing). Its not like a posh touristy restaurant so we went in. We're soooo glad we did! The owner (Kaplan) was really friendly, speaks excellent English and suggested a "special kebab". This was really tasty and was served over a flame to keep it sizzling. My husband had a special pizza, which Kaplan cooked from scratch and it was fab. Away from the noise and hustle bustle of the main seafront, we had a great evening and the price was really good (much lower than on the main seafront). We'll definitely be visiting here many more times.
Sounds really nice may give it a try next month.

Hello Sunqueen, I will try that when I come over in July. Has the Mayflower moved down that way?

Haven't seen it there. I Don't know where it is, we never ate there. The road around Kings Place only has about 6/7 restaurants on the roadside overlooking the bay. Most of which seem to be quite expensive fish restaurants.

No. It's under the clock tower. It's the first restaurant in the row coming from the port. It's Next to the little corner shop (called Civici).

Hi west ham 1966, I've just looked and the Mayflower is in the same run. Kings is the first restaurant, Mayflower is about 5/6 restaurants further uphill.