Exchange Rate

Politics...........................................Finance.......................................Religion, all perform better when kept well apart:ROFLMAO:
I would say “Game Over” for Ishbank as they are today and in the bigger picture for the New Turkey.
Mr E has already intentified 4 Board members who will surley be turfed out and replaced by board members of his choice. After that happens (& it will), it is only a matter of time before he wields total control & either they remain as is under new controls or will be swallowed up by another more user friendly AKP bank.
Just as long as deposits are not affected should we care ((i know i dont nor can i change the flow of water)), then it is par for the course in the new and ever chaging landscape....why be surprised?
As for us (& i can only speak for us) we are still staying, unlike many friends we are not selling up, pretending it is because of this, that or the other, pensions, kids, grandkids, etc. We are in for the long haul, the sun shines, the Turkish people are friendly, helpful and supportive and it is not always so rosy elsewhere. Does the average Serf wield much more control if ruled by Mrs May in a UK post Brexit or an Ireland ruled from Brussels. We do not think so, so as i said above, we are in for the long haul. Lets see where it takes us.

Bon Chance Thomas. I think it is important that we keep sharing Turkish news. Everyone's position is different. Some may be closer to the door for a whole set of reasons that we are not aware of. In my case I only found out about the property amnesty on another forum. My Turkish neighbours did NOT tell me about it until I mentioned it first. In the end I had to go to the Citizens Advice Center. Its funny that the ones who were adamant in not paying are now trying to sell their homes. Lets us all be better informed as we can then make better decisions. B

Too true BB, but this is a nice site and people are very open with advice and information so it is good we all get to share. Not too much happens in Turkey without someone knowing.

On another note i see they have reduced the price of a passport from $2M to $500,000 (in property or investment value). So if we ever get tired of Mrs May or Mr Varadker we can hand back the passports and apply here.

Interesting! Iran, Iraq & Russia are leading the property buyers these days. Some nuggets I picked up, CHP leader has the nick name Gandhi & people from Qatar are seen as mere gypsies (but super rich ones). Saw a lot more veiled women in Kus this trip. Even seen them with the uniformed tiny Indian nanny in tow - that was odd.
B

Just tried TransferWise for the first time and can highly recommend it... excellent service cheaper than bank and give the mid market rate.

I just read the below and thought this was an interesting topic to share

Exchanging foreign currency in a Bank.

Banks will no longer exchange currency for visa holders unless the customer has an account with that Bank.
If you are an RP holder it is always advisable to go to a branch of the Bank you hold an account with.

I just read the below and thought this was an interesting topic to share
Exchanging foreign currency in a Bank.

Banks will no longer exchange currency for visa holders unless the customer has an account with that Bank.
If you are an RP holder it is always advisable to go to a branch of the Bank you hold an account with.
Were did you find this? Is that relevant for Turkey, a bit strange that banks don't want to do business with visa & RP holders, why would that be, I wonder?

Our ban is garanti and in the summer we went in to change some money but unless you bank there and have your card on you. You will nit be able to get a ticket. Good job i had my bank card on me. Our friends also used to change money but not anymore vecause they dont have a bank accout there