Exchange Rate

I cannot think that someone could be so ignorant and selfish towards the welfare of others who, through no fault of their own, fall on bad times. I would hope that if you were in a similar position others would show compassion and not show the qualities that you seem to be important.
I would sincerely hope that anyone who contributes to this forum do so to benefit not only themselves but for other too. Obviously I am naive but I certainly know what qualities I would prefer to have and a mug I am not!

Not bothered about the locals plight when the shoes on the other foot etc
I'm going to gloat at my cheap efes and chill out
We don't all have mug written on our foreheads
I was going to write something worthwhile but I thought why bother, you are not worth the effort. I am looking forward to seeing a post from you one daynasking for some help or advice. I know I won't be replying with any help or advice.

soh

Connoisseur
Lovely living here for those of us with UK Pensions & a hubby earning dollars... But...hard for the Turkish people & many businesses here...we have also known the hard times when rate was as low as 2.25 ....
sorry, didn't mean to come over as gloating. its just that this is what happens when the markets and investors get spooked by interfering governments, confidence is quickly lost as the £'s yo-yoing of recent shows but at least we have an independant central bank steering our economy.

Lovely living here for those of us with UK Pensions & a hubby earning dollars... But...hard for the Turkish people & many businesses here...we have also known the hard times when rate was as low as 2.25 ....
When I bought my pad way back in 2000 had to haggle with bank to get 2tl to the pound they were offering 1.98. Yesterday in the UK high st 4.59 tl

soh

Connoisseur
When I bought my pad way back in 2000 had to haggle with bank to get 2tl to the pound they were offering 1.98. Yesterday in the UK high st 4.59 tl
first time i went to Turkey (1974) i got 33 old lira to £ (think thats the same as .000033 of a new lira), we paid 12 lira/night at our (not)5* hotel in Istanbul:w00t:.