Exchange Rate

Aye. For those on stg its 4.73 this am. I wonder is this fall out from the Trump meeting yesterday. News wires have Turkish jets OTT buzzing of the Greek airspace last week. All a bit odd.

stg is going to yo-yo for some time and maybe longer, especially with the tories tearing themselves apart whilst labour go full on trotskyist. glad i have little financial interest in the u.k anymore.

peril

Connoisseur
Here in Antalya the change shops were offering better rates than the banks - plus there were huge variations between change shops. Saw the Euro at 4.71 on Sunday but thought it was a scam and didn't investigate! Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't - could have done well if it wasn't! Might have something to do with a video doing the rounds of Turkish men blowing their noses in dollar bills and burning them- note I said dollar bills and not 10's or 100's! And most hole in the walls were refusing to dispense foreign currency - got lucky at the Denis bank .

funny you should say this, was at atm in kusadasi yesterday morning and it would not let me withdraw euros on my pre paid fx card, kept saying insufficet funds for 500euro dispite the fact it was loaded with over 800. however no problem getting tl with the same card in the same atm moments earlier

peril

Connoisseur
funny you should say this, was at atm in kusadasi yesterday morning and it would not let me withdraw euros on my pre paid fx card, kept saying insufficet funds for 500euro dispite the fact it was loaded with over 800. however no problem getting tl with the same card in the same atm moments earlier
Same as us soh- insufficient funds and me only after doing an online transfer from the cardless account to the card one! I couldn't take more than €250- or my limit was exceeded! My limit is €750 a day! Some mickeytomfoolery going on somewhere. Youngest son sent me a few articles from Reuters which suggests that this is a temporary blip due to current US and Turkish difficulties. Interestingly he just googled and got the articles - using the same search parameters I couldn't get the articles here!