Exchange Rate

And now for those of us living on UK Pensions! Maybe not so good for the Turkish economy and people though ... My lovely hubby just gone off in his first job as a 3rd Engineer (Bulk Carrier vessel) ... a long road to success but paid in dollars and we are counting our blessings despite another long separation ....

And now for those of us living on UK Pensions! Maybe not so good for the Turkish economy and people though ... My lovely hubby just gone off in his first job as a 3rd Engineer (Bulk Carrier vessel) ... a long road to success but paid in dollars and we are counting our blessings despite another long separation ....
I hope the time flys in until he is home again with you

peril

Connoisseur
Hope it’s not too long of a separation Kas- at least the weather will be improving ( hopefully!)
On another note, while a high rate is good for us who spend a few months there, how are ordinary folk going to manage? Everything except wages will probably rise exponentially- leading to higher service costs, higher food costs etc. - and no extra money coming in to cope with these increases.

Yes Soh a much higher rate here..also Garanti bank in Girne dispense sterling from the ATM.so a better rate again when you change up at the counter..(and no fee.s)yes Soh we love the life here so different to Kusadasi..also the solitude were we stay in Bahceli..a car is a must..bus.s are very few and far between.will be back in Kus next Saturday..for around 2 months as my wife is visting her sister in Glasgow then their of for a 2 week jaunt on an eastern european cruise .me i will be cat sitting..lol.then back to TRNC early June..for how long hav.nt decided yet..

Last edited:
Well people here also have a living to make ... not easy times for Turkish people ...
I fully understand that it’s not a good time for the Turkish people but surely increasing prices must be hitting them or am I correct in thinking that prices rise only where tourists are prevalent?