Exchange Rate

You could be right SS but it's not my experience...maybe as I live here and stick to my normal haunts I am lucky...however I did hear the other day in a place in the tourist drag that bottled Turkish beers will increase by 2 lira shortly...we should however consider ourselves very lucky with the high exchange rates at present...

last year we were buying much of what we needed between the Friday market and Migros, hopefully, we won't notice a big rise in their prices. rarely bother to go into Kusadasi in the evenings, tend to eat in or local these days, in fact last september/octoberstay we didn't go in at all. must be getting old:cry:.

A hike in beer/Alcohol prices is a definite in Turkey, I would say! I’ve seen this year on year since the present government was elected. However for a tourist that’s not a deal breaker around 40p on a pint but it must be real pain in the purse for the normal Turkish folk. I can remember a bar facing Gumar which used to be known as the “ 3 lira bar”... gone are the days:eek:

last year we were buying much of what we needed between the Friday market and Migros, hopefully, we won't notice a big rise in their prices. rarely bother to go into Kusadasi in the evenings, tend to eat in or local these days, in fact last september/octoberstay we didn't go in at all. must be getting old:cry:.
Older and wiser

Folks Euro hit 4.90 today looks like 5.00 is now on. 4.70 was a resistance level for quite a while I suspect 5 is the next resistance level. Stg hit 5.60

B

lol,:D, not so sure about that. but I figure we can party in town every night for 2 weeks a year or live pretty much as we do in the u.k and stay 10 weeks a year,.bit of a no-brainer.
Certainly wiser no competition 10 versus 2 I know what I prefer and it’s not 2 ... been there done it etc. Mmmmm... yes seems like I’m older and wiser too

well i said back in March i thought it would hit 5 to £ by years end so i'll push my luck again and say 5.5 by March next year:thumbsup: :tup:
hey, i almost sound like an expert, :cool:. I'll push it one more time and say 6 by Augusts end. but lots of variables in play at the moment so i'll be buying my lira in several smaller blocks whilst watching the rate fluctuations.

looks like 6 by August was a bit pessimistic, to say the least. at this rate, it may be 6 by May. also see gold has shot up $25+/oz today on Trumps morning tweet. dangerous times ahead with hothead lunatics in the Whitehouse and Kremlin at the same time.