Exchange Rate

looks like 6 by August was a bit pessimistic, to say the least. at this rate, it may be 6 by May. also see gold has shot up $25+/oz today on Trumps morning tweet. dangerous times ahead with hothead lunatics in the Whitehouse and Kremlin at the same time.
Scary times, you’re right 2 complete lunatics!!

Folks, After a shrapish pull back to 4.8+ area and hovering at 5 the Euro hit 5.11 this am. I heard the recent falls were due the election maybe that sentiment is over. B

Folks, After a shrapish pull back to 4.8+ area and hovering at 5 the Euro hit 5.11 this am. I heard the recent falls were due the election maybe that sentiment is over. B
noticed today in centrum exchanges the £/tl offer had gone from 5.45 (on tuesday) to 5.66. still well down from when i bought a few weeks ago though

believe you are correct, although pressure on the £ due to Brexit may mean it will not rise as fast as $ and euro to tl. think it is going to be a tough year for all emerging market currencies. probably all if it kicks off in the middle east, $100/barell oil by years end, at least the Saudis will be happy.

Breached the old record - that did not take long. Euro @ 5.18 this am. Stg @ 5.87 still below last high but has momentum.
B
By this pm its 5.20 & 5.90 galloping along.
update Tues 15/5 5.23 & 5.95 - 6.00 is now on

Last edited:
6.00 - stg hit lunch time - still going. Euro now 5.28 no idea where resistance is going to be. Erdogan says he taking responsibility for currency this am - wonder how that will workout?????????????

Found this online... interesting

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s intention to exert more influence on monetary policy if he wins the general election next month wasn’t received well by traders. The Turkish Lira fell to a new record low after his comment. On Wednesday, the Turkish president called a meeting to discuss the exchange rate. Market participants thought that this meeting would lead to a hike in interest rates;however, this now seems off the cards, so expect further losses in the coming weeks.